Thread: Plz.... solve my problem!

Angry Plz.... solve my problem!

I have a samsung camcorder vp-d77i, the problem is that when I am making the video of my desktop at monitor, the grey strip comes continuously moving upwards and downwards. I don't want those strips to be appear on the screen as I have to make the video in good condition with clear result. Plz... give me the solution to my problem!! Also plz... recommend me a good .avi to .wmv,asf converter in which the result comes as the original one but should be compress! Will be waiting for the reply....

Blog Entries

Filming a screen is fiddly and often results in bars appearing. This can usually be avioded by manually setting the shutter speed - try different settings. If you cant manually set the shutter speed then try different 'ae' settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Filming a screen is fiddly and often results in bars appearing. This can usually be avioded by manually setting the shutter speed - try different settings. If you cant manually set the shutter speed then try different 'ae' settings.
    Plz... teach me how to do these settings or 'ae' settings. I would be very grateful. I am a newbie here and don't know much abt these things! I have to give my video to someone!!! plz... reply me quickly. Thanks!

Blog Entries

I am not able to tell you exactly what to do as I am not familiar with your camera, have a look in the manual for guidance.

Unfortunately, the manual is lost as the camera was bought long time ago, I think 4-5 years! but I can tell you that at the end of the camera it has easy and custom button. Can u guide me where 'ae' settings come from? I mean atleast it must have an option to go through. By the way thanx for ur help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    I am not able to tell you exactly what to do as I am not familiar with your camera, have a look in the manual for guidance.
    Ok.. now I have obtained a pdf guide of my camcorder and finally come across the shutter speed and ae settings. I have make my settings in shutter speed 1/6, the problem is that the words which comes on the screen are not as clear as before!! And those strips can still be seen!! If u want to help me then shall I give u the pdf manual??

There is truly no way to film off of a screen and have an absolutly fantastic picture quality.

However, setting your refresh rate to a refresh rate that fits evenly into your TV format's refresh rate may help with the scan line effect, e.g., if filming in PAL, set your monitor to 100 or 50Hz, if filming in NTSC, select 60 or 120Hz.

This helps reduce scan lines as tthe scanning is done in better synchro with your CCD captures
    It's not about what camera you use or how much it cost.

It's about what you shoot,
    how you shot it,
    and how you edit it :P

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zoro_spain View Post
    I have a samsung camcorder vp-d77i, the problem is that when I am making the video of my desktop at monitor, the grey strip comes continuously moving upwards and downwards. I don't want those strips to be appear on the screen as I have to make the video in good condition with clear result. Plz... give me the solution to my problem!! Also plz... recommend me a good .avi to .wmv,asf converter in which the result comes as the original one but should be compress! Will be waiting for the reply....
    I would suggest that you use a screen capture utility such as camstasia.

Or film of a LCD Screen usally works to