Thread: SVMS Platinum 6.0 rendered video problems.

Unhappy SVMS Platinum 6.0 rendered video problems.

Ok, I'm not sure how to approach this, but in Vegas 6.0b (I just recently updated and it didn't help my problem) I can watch my video in the preview screen just fine. It runs without any problems. But when I render the video (usually as a .wmv, but I've tried rendering it in various other formats with no luck) there are points in the video where it freezes (audio continues). The video is made up of a bunch of YouTube videos, but I don't think it's the format because, for instance, one of the clips that freezes is of a man dancing and the following clip doesn't freeze. When I switch the clips around, the one that didn't freeze before freezes and vice versa for the man dancing.

Also, I noticed in Vegas when I click on the clip (of the man dancing for instance) and it shows the start and stop points of that specific clip, the end point ends before the start point begins (i.e., start = 1:26, end = 1:06). This isn't always the case, sometimes it can be a few seconds (i.e., start = 1:26, end = 1:2 when the clip is obviously more than 2 seconds long.

There are about 5 places in my video where this happens. Does anyone have ANY idea how to fix this? I'm taking a class this semester on video editing and it requires me to produce videos without bugs (goes without saying I suppose). Thanks for any help, it is truly appreciated.

Blog Entries

When editing video from sources found on the net things like this do occur.

If your project is important I advise getting hold of a camera and shooting some footage to edit - it will look a zillion times better and be much better to edit on.