Thread: The Dallas Intro question

Default The Dallas Intro question

Hi,

First of all thanks for a great resource

Basically I have a couple of questions regarding the Dallas split screen.

I have looked at the solution outlined on http://www.videoforums.co.uk/guide-d...as-titles.html but Im not clear now to achieve this in premeire 1.5.

Sorry Im rather new to all this but I have to get this done for a project. I can't find the ability in 1.5 to move the video around in the middle screen to centre it correctly. Any advice ?

The above is apparently the simple solution for Dallas credits but the actual Dallas credits are kind of diagonal when it shows the characters.

Is this easy to achieve or being a newbie should I just stick to the first solution ?

Many Thanks

This is not as difficult as it looks and can be done using only the motion and crop filters.

First put the clips above each other with the middle 1 on the bottom

increase the size of the 2 outside clips to about 105% so there are no black triangle at the edge when they are rotated

Use the crop filter to reduce the 2 outside clips to include the bits you want to show on the screen then position them in to place

change the rotation to -2 and 2 so they both slope in to the middle, use the titler to create 2 lines and place them over the joins.

hth
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Thanks so much miwhel

That worked a treat and was so simple.

One other question, if thats ok.

On the Dallas intro, the two side clips play and then freeze frame with the middle one still in motion. Is that simple to achieve ?

Thanks again

Yes very easy.

create 2 new sequences 'file, new, sequence' name them clip 1 and clip 2. Add your 2 outside clips 1 to each sequence then trim your outside clip to the point where you want the freeze frame to happen, then put the cursor to the last frame in the clip and go to 'file, export and choose frame'. Repeat for 2nd clip.

These exported frames should automatically go in to the project files list, add the frames to the end of the respective clips and that creates your freeze frame, the still images can be trimmed or lengthened to suit.

now go back to your original sequence and this time add the 2 new sequences from the project files list to the video instead of the video files. The 2 new sequences will act just like video files so create the video as you have already done.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Thanks again.

When I create the image file, is there anyway I can make the background transparent rather than create a still and then have to rotate and crop to make an exact match.

Ideally I would like to copy the clip from the 1st sequence timeline, paste into sequence 2 , grab the still and put it into sequence one.

But it takes the black blackground with it as an image file.

Thanks again

Hi I'm not sure what you mean but nested sequences is definitely the way to do this.

Click here

hover over the video to enable the player controls.

Sorry about the quality, I'm testing new settings.

finished vid

Cheers