Thread: Video Compressiong, Help. 1 Gig Needs to be 100 MB

Default Video Compressiong, Help. 1 Gig Needs to be 100 MB

I created a video on my mini dvd camcorder and transfer to my computer and edited with cyberlink power director. I exported the file to an avi and the thing is 1 gig in size, does anybody know any software I can use to compress it under 100 megabytes

As bad as it is, Windows movie Maker is actually very nice at converting videos to WMVs, which is a nice codec, regardless of what the Linux brigade will tell you about it being proprietory.

But, the best resource to consult on the matter is google, as there are a range of free programs that a simple search should bring up : P
    It's not about what camera you use or how much it cost.

It's about what you shoot,
    how you shot it,
    and how you edit it :P

okay great you kind of answered my questions twice. I idd do a search prior to asking the question and I saw a bunch of programs that were claled codecs. are codecs used to compressed/convert video files? I thought codecs were something you would install as a plug in to be able to view certainm video/audio files..

lol, well a Codec itself is the code that Compressed/Decompresses the video (Hence the namne, CoDec), however, most Codecs on their own do not come with an application that actually allows you to compress videos, most rely on third party software fto give them video to compress.
    It's not about what camera you use or how much it cost.

It's about what you shoot,
    how you shot it,
    and how you edit it :P