Thread: Nvidia A250 and MyVivo

Default Nvidia A250 and MyVivo

I have an Nvidia A250 graphics, after very much hassle and with very little help from leadtek. I managed to solve my problems with the dual output on the video card. Does anyone know how to control the second output, to allow only my video editing output to appear and not my whole screen to be sent to the S-Video output. At the moment I have to copy from my pc to a digicam and the copy to my VCR. I would like to go from my pc to my VCR .... Help anyone please.

Regards
    Lawrence

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums.

You can do what you're asking by setting your screen to flow accross two screens. You can then maximise your video application and physically move it onto the next screen. However, this *may* not work as typically the video played through the TVout on nvidia cards will output as a black screen - to solve this you have to switch from dual to single screen.

However, this isn't a problem. All you have to do is save your movie to AVI, MPEG etc, switch to the tvout, play full screen in media player (or alternative app), and press record. If you feed the video signal through the VCR to a TV, you can see what's going on.

Blog Entries

If you don't want to hook up a TV, you can download the excellent tvtool (do a google search ). This has a "hot key" to switch to TVout. So all you have to do is go full screen, press play, hit the hotkey, then press record on the VCR. When you know the movie is finished, press the hotkey and return to the monitor!

Marc,

Thanks for the advice, one more question though. If I do as you say and use the full screen to output to mu tvout, what will happen to the sound ? Will the VCR also record sound or do I have to have sound cables from the output of my saound card ?