Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cameraman/editor required for small paid project

Default Cameraman/editor required for small paid project

mods please move if necessary

Do not read if you have more than 5 years of video experience...

Hi,
    We are in search of a camera man that would be interested in filming/editing a music video in the easter holidays(April, 2007).
    Maybe you are up and coming or a student currently studying media/film.

It would be preferable if you owned your own Beta cam/HD cam, and this would be reflected in your pay for this small project.

To discuss our ideas and for more info please get in touch asap.
    Send an email with your relevant work related info/interestes.
    info@movintalent.co.uk
    Thanks
    malandro

I have many ppl who might be interested. Where are you based?.

Default Nw1

Project (max 2days) is based within the London Borough of Camden (NW1)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by malandro View Post
    mods please move if necessary

Do not read if you have more than 5 years of video experience...
    ? Just interested in the reasoning . . .
    I try to make someone happy every day - but it may not be your turn today . . .

Blog Entries

... because if you have more than 5 years experience you'll expect to get paid (instead of just having your expenses and a bit of pocket money).

You know my thoughts on this sort of thing. If it's a commercial project the producer should have planned the budget to include paying for a proper camera(wo)man. If it's a suck-it-and-see project then anyone with sense will avoid it like the plague unless they know the people personally.

Since the word "pay" is mentioned I assume that it's a commercial project. As long as it's not only the producer who earns out of it, I wish them good luck.
    They need not expect contact with my bargepole though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guru View Post
    ... because if you have more than 5 years experience you'll expect to get paid (instead of just having your expenses and a bit of pocket money)
    No its because anyone with more than 5 years experience will rightfully expect to be paid a rate that reflects his/her experience. I cant afford the rate of someone with a wealth of experience otherwise I would have paid one of the many professional companies that advertise their services.
    I think this is simple enough?

Sorry for any confusion.
    Maybe I should have advertised the position for a student? Aren't students eager for work experience anymore? I am only 24 myself and am not a professional video editor but if I have to carry out the project myself then I will do. I just see it as a good opportunity for someone that is trying to gain some experience/pay.

Please visit the website to learn more about the non-profit event.
    www.movintalent.co.uk

Anyone who is sceptical please call/email me.

Thanks
    Malandro

Blog Entries

You say you're looking for someone with Betacam or HDCam. Both of which are professional formats.

Like I said, you can't afford to pay the going rate, in other words whoever works for you will be paid less than the going rate. Simple enough?

Don't get out of your pram. This forum is for professional as well as amateur videomakers and we have (in the past) had a lot of "offers" from producers looking for camerapeople to work for them for nothing, next to nothing or a promise. If you'd spent the time to tell us more about the project, what it involves, how much you can offer and so on, then you wouldn't have to keep chipping in with bites and nibbles.

You want a cameraman then offer a bit more than "I've got work... mail me". Also you've posted a link... and...? Are you the producer of the event? or are you someone making a video about the event?
    If you can't afford to pay the going rate is it because you've cocked-up your cost estimate, or is it because you've quoted a dumping-price and can't pay your workers a decent rate? These are all legitimate questions.

You expect people to work for you, getting very little financial reward (if any) but you can't be bothered to spend a bit of time, tell us what you're doing and who you are etc etc. Bit insulting that. If you can't make the effort, why should one of our members?

Any fool can work for nothing, and many a fool does.

Simple enough?

Blog Entries

I agree ^^^^

As for film students with HDcams, well I am a film student and I can tell you for sure that I know no one with a HDcam and only one with a hdv cam for that matter, and many dont even have a dv cam but depend on the loan of equipment from college.

A genuine thank you for all your comments, I shall take them into consideration when posting elsewhere.

Love the new pic, Mark - if you superglued another cam to the other side, you could do a nice bit of stereoscopic as you jump from the plane . . . or tall building, etc!
    Last edited by Mark W; 02-05-2007 at 08:12 PM.
    I try to make someone happy every day - but it may not be your turn today . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast