Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVD burning software

Question DVD burning software

Hi, can anybody recommend good DVD burning software? Its mainly for wedding videos. I've been using nero but the quality is crappy because you have to use avi, im using a sony pd170 to shoot and the image quality is great! but as soon as I put it onto DVD a lot of the image quality is lost. I need something that supports m pegs and also footage shot 16.9

(oh and something thats not too difficult to use)

Any ideas?

Thanking you kindly!

x

Quote Originally Posted by B View Post
    Hi, can anybody recommend good DVD burning software? Its mainly for wedding videos. I've been using nero but the quality is crappy because you have to use avi, im using a sony pd170 to shoot and the image quality is great! but as soon as I put it onto DVD a lot of the image quality is lost. I need something that supports m pegs and also footage shot 16.9

(oh and something thats not too difficult to use)

Any ideas?

Thanking you kindly!

x
    What you really meant to ask was "can anyone recommend a good DVD authoring package?".

Nero is a great DVD/CD burner. Clearly it's naff at encoding the footage before doing the burning.

Question

Ok, can anyone recommend a good DVD authoring package? preferably one thats quite easy to use?

Thankyou

Oops. Apologies. I forgot the smiley didn't I? I didn't mean it quite as sarcy is it actually reads.

I use Adobe Encore for DVD authoring. However, it's pushing pro level and is certainly not cheap.

What editting s/w do you use? Thought of switching maybe? I ask because the likes of Premiere Elements (I only know the adobe stuff you see) will not only allow you to edit your stuff and add titles and effects but it will allow you to build DVDs with menus as well and only costs around 60 quid.

Thanks Alan, I use premiere pro to edit, as its mainly weddings im editing, i want something that I can create menus in but something that doesn't loose any of the quality but also as I've got lots of weddings booked for this year so I don't want to have to spend too much time on it. I don't know if Im asking for the moon on a stick? ? but ideally I just want to be able to import the finished wedding film as an mpeg in 16.9, split it into chapters create a personalised menu (nothing too elaborate) and burn it. Its mainly the quality issue thats the problem.

B x

Quote Originally Posted by B View Post
    Thanks Alan, I use premiere pro to edit, as its mainly weddings im editing, i want something that I can create menus in but something that doesn't loose any of the quality but also as I've got lots of weddings booked for this year so I don't want to have to spend too much time on it. I don't know if Im asking for the moon on a stick? ? but ideally I just want to be able to import the finished wedding film as an mpeg in 16.9, split it into chapters create a personalised menu (nothing too elaborate) and burn it. Its mainly the quality issue thats the problem.

B x
    You have 'lots' of weddings booked for this year eh and using Ppro? You're clearly attacking this wedding videography thing seriously and so my recommendation is not to skimp at this last stage in your workflow. Seriously think about forking out for Adobe Encore. I'm presuming you are not using Premier Pro v2 as you would already have DVD authoring facilities there.

Hmm, there's another option right there. Use your Premiere Pro 1 or 1.5 licence to get a cheap upgrade to Premiere Pro 2 which is a lot better and you have everything you need in one package.

Blog Entries

I agree with scary Alan - The dvd is the finished product and it's presentation is surely very important.

I wouldnt skimp. Get a good authoring program and get to be a whizz at using it. I hesitate to reccomend anything cos I dont make many dvds but I use dvd architect from sony and it's creative potential is way superior to mine.

Thanks Fellas, for your advice! Think Im going to go for the premiere upgrade option, it'll probably be much easier!

Thanks again!! Until my next problem!

Bridget x

Nero is great at everythnig else, but I prefer Premier for authoring too. I found some good info here: http://www.pickyguide.com/computers_...res_guide.html

You can try the software DVD Slideshow Builder which is very popular now,
    many friends and I like it very much. It's very easy to create a customized
    DVD with photos and videos, and we can add music, transitions, motion
    effects and make beautiful DVD menus. Also, we can create .mp4, .wmv, .avi,
    .3gp slideshows for our iPod, Zune and 3GP Cell Phones, etc.
    you can download it free here

A specific tutorial which guides you use it step by step is here
    http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2170
    some useful discussions about video and dvd conversion
    http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/index.php

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast