Thread: anything easier than movie maker ?

Default anything easier than movie maker ?

trying to edit videos but im having a hard time with windows moviemaker. is there any thing easier than this? maybe a editing for dummies or something. thanks for the help.
    sony dcr-hc40 mini dv, sony 520 line res. helmet cam.

Believe me, it doesn't get any easier then this. If you ever get to see Avid's media composer at work you will know what I mean. Actualy you are allready giving the answer in your question. Below link is just a very short explanation taken from "windows xp fot dummies", if that won't do, I'm sure a bit googling will provide you with some links on moviemaker tutorials and books. It's often the only way to get quickly started and get to know the basic functions.
    http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dumm...le/id-359.html

thanks for reply. my wife figured some of it out, i just need to be more patient. i did what i wanted to do and then after waiting almost an hour transfering to dvd for a 15 minute movie it stops. im sure i have a setting wrong somewhere. time to do some more reading. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by double d 1 View Post
    after waiting almost an hour transfering to dvd for a 15 minute movie it stops.
    An hour for 15minuts of dvd can be normal depending on your pc configuration, not that it stops before everything has been burned on the dvd. Maybe you could post the settings you used to burn the dvd though I think WMM does not have that many options?

well i got it edited and tried putting it to disc but i did some reading and its putting it to a hi mat format which doesnt work. so i transfered it to win dvd creator then to disc and it worked!!!! right now im not tring to get real fancy with anything, just edit out the bad parts put it to dvd disc and give copys to friends, so this will work for now. thanks for the replies.