Thread: Pinnacle 9 DVD Menu Problems

Default Pinnacle 9 DVD Menu Problems

Good Day:

I am rather new at this and so I am turning to the experts.

The last two projects I have had some unexpected error messages come on my screen and thus does not allow me to continue with my projects to completion. Very frustrating and not able to locate answers on boards very easily nor on any help sections of Pinnacle Site. HELP PLEASE!

1) Error message one was when I was trying to use the Make Movie feature and after what seems like the rendering I get a message that says the following...

" Unexpected data in front of sequence header"

I have no idea what to do with this as it does not allow me to continue to make a disk. Movie that I have created with Menus and everything is no more than 15 minutes max. Trying to burn to DVD disk.

2) Error two. When making a completely different project and after going to Make Movie tab: I have copied some basketball footage for a friend into Pinnacle 9 with no problems. I have added some Menus as well as spruced up the footage. Length of finished project is now just under 2 hours. I have selected under settings the Most Movie On Disk which looks like I will have about 19 minutes left on the DVD when complete. However after starting the rendering process and then come back to my computer some time later I see an error message as follows...

"Failed to compile a video file"

Again, I have no idea what to do as this is really troublesome. Is it too much footage for the DVD? Any help on the above two problems would be greatly appreciated.

I have been successful in burning the second video project above if I remove the Menus that I have created for the project. Everything works great and the DVD's that I have made have no problems. Why are the Menus of Pinnacle 9 not working correctly or am I missing something?

Scooter
    Houston, TX
    AMD Athlon 3200
    Asus A7N8X Dlux
    ATI Video
    1 Gig Mem
    Windows XP Pro
    2 Seagate ATA 160 Gig HD,1 Maxtor 120 Gig HD
    Sony DRU-510 DVD/CD Burner
    Viewsonic 19\"LCD
    Pinnacle 10 PlusMediaSuite
    PremierPro 1.5 Suite
    Sony HVR-A1U 1080i HDV Camcorder

Follow Up Question:

Again, please understand that I am very new and learning as quickly as I can.

Since I am unable to produce a DVD with any Menu/Chapters added using Pinnacle 9 at the moment due to reasons I stated in earlier post, are there any simple solutions on the market that would? All I want to do is add a Menu to the DVDs that I am making so that people do not have to scan the whole show to get to the chapter that they want to see. If so how do you go about doing this?

Any help appreciated as I am really getting frustrated and do not have the money to upgrade to a completely new program as of yet.

These DVDs are for both the Church that I work at as well as for home and friends.
    AMD Athlon 3200
    Asus A7N8X Dlux
    ATI Video
    1 Gig Mem
    Windows XP Pro
    2 Seagate ATA 160 Gig HD,1 Maxtor 120 Gig HD
    Sony DRU-510 DVD/CD Burner
    Viewsonic 19\"LCD
    Pinnacle 10 PlusMediaSuite
    PremierPro 1.5 Suite
    Sony HVR-A1U 1080i HDV Camcorder

Default Menus on Title/Overlay Track?

I had the same problem, and after some wading through forums I found that if you have your DVD Menu screen on the title/overlay track instead of on the video track, that can cause the problem. Drag the title to the video track, before the movie starts.