Thread: Audio issues with Premiere Pro 2

Default Audio issues with Premiere Pro 2

Hi. Just got premiere pro 2 recently, and I've noticed one continuing issue that I can't figure out a fix to.

I have a jvc camcorder that records in .mod files. I convert them to mpeg so premiere can read them, and everything plays and sounds perfect.

However, as soon as I import the files, the last 2 seconds or so of audio gets cut off from every video I import. New projects, different audio settings, nothing I've tried seems to stop this from happening, and it's not just in system. All the videos I've edited and then exported have the same audio gap.

Any suggestions?

Default Audio

Iím not familiar with .mod files but I did have a JVC camcorder once.

I had vary bad connection between the camcorder and the PC / Mac, I transferred the tape to my Handy cam and transferred the footage to the Mac and Pc with no problems.

However you donít say if you have "Cut" or "Edited" the footage before you import into Prem Pro.

Maybe someone with Prem Pro experience will be able to shed more light on the .mod / Mpeg thing, but I just tend to import the whole tape (or section required) from the tape into Prem Pro with no problems.

If I were you I would look at the camcorder and consider a change, or even borrow a friends different camera and see if the same happens.

Mitch

Nope, not cut or edited. All I've done with the files is convert them from mod to mpg. The files work fine outside of PP2, full audio all the way to the end, it's only once I import them into PP2 that the end cuts out. Tried converting them to .avi, and .dv files instead, but all to the same result.

Sorry then mate cant help.

Someone with PP2 knowledge will be along to help you shortly im sure.

Mitch