Thread: help please!!

Default help please!!

Right, to start with i'm a complete video camera novice and need some advice as to what i should be looking for to start me off with a decent camera. so any information about what is good and what's not would be most appreciated!!

Quote Originally Posted by spook29 View Post
    Right, to start with i'm a complete video camera novice and need some advice as to what i should be looking for to start me off with a decent camera. so any information about what is good and what's not would be most appreciated!!
    The question you ask is not easy to answer, depends on a lot of things:

How much do you expect to spend on a camera, is it important to have a lot of manual control or do you prefer a one button cam, meaning no hassle, just point and shoot. Where do you plan to view the images on, small or very big screen? Do you have a fast dual core pc or intent to buy one? What editing software will you use?

Default argh!!

Cheers first of all for replying!
    Argh lots of questions!
    well with me being just a complete beginner i don't want to spend a fortune on my first camera,maybe upto 200 ?! probably just as well getting something i can just point and shoot with to start with and just play back on my pc. The whole software question baffled me completely so any advice on where to start with that as well would be great!

200 quid is about 300euros, no? That means a very basic camera. In that case any camera in the Sony or Panasonic or canon range will do. My suggestion would be to specifically ask for a mini-dv cam, one which records on these small minidv cassettes. Those camera's are usually idiot proof. (No offence ) All the other hardisk or dvd camcorders are often a pain in the ... for starters with video.

I reccomend Magic video deluxe or Adobe premiere elements (The first one is quite easy to start with, the second one a bit more difficult) They are both around 60-90euro (so fairly cheap.) Or if you want it real cheap, use the free windows movie maker which comes with windows xp though that is quite limited in options.

Default cheers!

Thanks for that then! i shall take your advice on board seen as no one else out there has offered me any more!! you're a star!

Blog Entries

I agree with Noa. DV for sure - and tbh even a value camera nowadays is really good. Software wise you could cehck out some free trials - http://www.videoforums.co.uk/reviews...16_sectionid/3

Cheers for the advice!