Thread: A very very nice man!???

Default A very very nice man!???

Well the guy was when he eventually turned up. But the girl on the phone wasn't up to much.

Got a blowout on the motorway late this afternoon (left work early too!). I was under the impression that it's considered 'not safe' to change a wheel yourself on the side of the motorway so called the AA.

"Will be with you in 50 minutes and will text you ten minutes before."

An hour later (now dark) I phoned back.

"We're very busy sir and you've been put back" (this even though I was aready toild I'm a priority call) "and they will be with you in another half an hour and will text ten minutes before they get there"

An hour and a half later the guy turned up - sorted out the wheel and I limped home on a 50mph wheel.

Now I'm not complaining about the long wait. No doubt a single mum wiht a baby was strnded somewhere and I'm fine with them being treated first. What I object to is that I still have not had a text and they could have called me (both times) to explain that I was pushed back.

I should have just done the thing myself.

tired, cold and hungry. I'm off for some dinner. :(

Blog Entries

I've gotta say I've had the same sort of treatment from the AA and Green Flag (truly appaling) so I joined the RAC. Cannot praise them enough. Costs slightly cheaper than AA, (for the whole family at any rate) The patrols are fast, efficient, they fix stuff and I've never been sent a grease monkey from a local garage (yep, thats Green Flag). When my Range Rover gave up the ghost in Southampton, they sorted out a hire car too.

Consider changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Turn Media View Post
    I've gotta say I've had the same sort of treatment from the AA and Green Flag (truly appaling) so I joined the RAC. Cannot praise them enough. Costs slightly cheaper than AA, (for the whole family at any rate) The patrols are fast, efficient, they fix stuff and I've never been sent a grease monkey from a local garage (yep, thats Green Flag). When my Range Rover gave up the ghost in Southampton, they sorted out a hire car too.

Consider changing.
    The AA cover is actually a freebie from LLoyds for banking with them.

Blog Entries

I was in the aa once, about 5 years ago. Got a punture in covent garden, london - not exactly the middle of nowhere. Called the 'nice man' at 1700 sat - got picked up and relayed home (to avoid all sorts of stropping) at 1000 SUNDAY.

I kid you not me and a pre menstrual partner slept on the steps of covent garden, lucky it was summer and the police were nice, they kept an eye on us and even gave us tea from their riot van. I wish I had a camera it would have made a great short film.