Thread: Pan and zoom

Default Pan and zoom

I've just recorded my daughter's first play at nursery and am now in the process of editing and putting onto DVD.

I have both Adobe Premier 6.0 and Ulead Video Studio 8.

Is it possible with either of these packages to pan and zoom on the moving images?? Or does all panning and zooming have to take place whilst recording?

I have had no problems with titles, transitions and audio tracks, but am finding that the original recording is very bland as it was taken as a static wide shot. I know ulead can pan and zoom on still images, but I would like to be able to make the final cut look a little more interesting.

If I can't do that with the packages I have, are there any out there that do what I'm looking for??

I realise that this is probably a very basic question for most of you, but I'm an absolute beginner (or keen amatuer lol) and since this is to raise funds for our nursery I'd like this to be the best it can be.

Thank you

"Or does all panning and zooming have to take place whilst recording?"

Definitely, allways use you camera for that. Panning and zooming in your software is not reccomended because of the limited resolution. If you want to use your editing software for it anyway, almost any current software has the ability to pan and zoom, to zoom you just need to adjust a setting but to pan the software needs to be able to keyframe the movement.
    I don't think premiere 6 has this option, don't know about ulead.