Thread: Mouse teeth when played on the TV

Default Mouse teeth when played on the TV

This is my first post - I searched thru all the threads about Interlacing but I couldn't really find a solution - so forgive me if this was already covered:

I'm editing together a 'music video' for a band from footage that I was given.

Camera one is a Sony HDDV - the footage wasn't HD though. The rushed were given to me as .Avi's.

The 2nd cam was a Video8 and I was given a Authored DVD of the footage.

So using Sony Vegas 6 on a PC running windows - I did my editing. I noticed mouse teeth on my monitor but wasn't too worried as the finished piece was to be view via a TV rather than a monitor..

When I rendered it and Authored it there was still Mouse teeth in the faster moving scenes. I tryed various combinations:

Playing them as Mpeg 1+ 2 with no Authoring.

With and Without Blend.

With Progressive Scan.

Nothing makes a difference when i play it on the TV.

Could it be how the video is captured in the first place? The Interlacing is more noticable on the Sony footage (I changed Video8 to B/W)..

Could this be the problem?

Thanks...

You may have problems with this.

It looks like your original footage had interlacing issues. If - as you said - you could see them while editing then its probably gonna be the case. Seeing as now the interlacing is worse it means that your original badly interlaced footage has been rendered out thus making it worse.

Can I ask is it all the footage or just the stuff that came off the DVD?

Blog Entries

Maybe the field order has got mixed up? Try rendering a small clip with the field order the other way round.

Can I ask is it all the footage or just the stuff that came off the DVD?
    It just seems to be the stuff off the HD camera - the Video8 one bits aren't as fast moving so it's hard to tell...

Maybe the field order has got mixed up? Try rendering a small clip with the field order the other way round.
    I'll give this a try...

Thanks guys.