Thread: Pinnacle Studio SE/JVC Everio GZMG505 MPEG-2

Default Pinnacle Studio SE/JVC Everio GZMG505 MPEG-2

I have just purchased a JVC Everio GZMG505 and it came bundled with Power Director express. I thought I would get a decent software package to produce home movies. I purchased Pinnacle Studio SE to edit my videos.

I am new to this camcorder malarkey so could be doing something really dumb, but it appears I cannot open the files transfered to my laptop when In use Studio Se to open them.

If I double click on the file in myvideo file directly they open and run.

Can anyone kindly advise me what the problem is please. Is there a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Pooch

What format do you use for capture?

It is recorded to the camcorder HDD as an MPEG-2 I believe.

Not all NLE software understands what a .MOD file is. Find out if you can add a known extention to Pinnacle Studio SE.

Otherwise, try renaming them to .mpg, see if that helps. It may not, as it's not a standard mpg file either.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the response. Pardon my ignorance but what is NLE software? I am very new to Camcorders and the affiliated technology.

I have attempted to change the extension of the file to MPG, but to no avail.

I wouldn't know where to start with adding a file extension to Pinnacle. I appreciate your response, thanks!

NLE strands for Non-Linear Editor - basically the software you use to make movies

As for adding a file extension to Pinnacle, i have no idea either. I have done it with other NLE software, so it MAY be possible in Pinnacle.. maybe not though.. Sorry I can't help much here

Rob, thanks very much for that. I will look further into this and see if I am able to add the file extension to pinnacle.

Much appreciated!