Thread: Bullet cams?

Default Bullet cams?

Can someone recommend a good quality 3ccd bullet cam, hopefully at a good price.

Blog Entries

Why do you want a 3ccd b cam? I dont think I have ever seen one, but I havent looked. Single ccd (cmos usually) can give ace results. Given the optics on a b cam I dont think you would gain much by using 3 ccd.

Try dogcam for some great gear.

Hi Mark, sorry for the delayed reply - been away. I guess I need it all - big optics/3ccds/light weight and cheap. I'll look at dogcam though, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Hi Mark, sorry for the delayed reply - been away. I guess I need it all - big optics/3ccds/light weight and cheap. I'll look at dogcam though, thanks.
    there's nothing like ignoring the question is there? Seriously though, I doubt you'll find a 3CCD bullet cam. I've not heard of one. you might find something at the high end of the market.

Why do you need 3 CCD for a bullet cam anyway?

Hi Alan - the cam is needed for mounting on a remote controlled helicopter downlinked to a recording cam, so it obviously needs to be light weight, but I need as high a quality as I can get without getting silly on price.

Just get one with an ultra high resolution CMOS, by the time a 4Megapixel CMOS or something is downscaled to TV resolution it doesnt really matter that it's a CMOS as the noise that is associated with the CMOS is interpolated down so much it's practically non existant :/
    It's not about what camera you use or how much it cost.

It's about what you shoot,
    how you shot it,
    and how you edit it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Hi Alan - the cam is needed for mounting on a remote controlled helicopter downlinked to a recording cam, so it obviously needs to be light weight, but I need as high a quality as I can get without getting silly on price.
    As I can't imagine the weight of any bullet cam affecting a real hellicoptor I assume you are talking about a remote control heli here?

What littel I know about these things is that the better ones are cameras only and have no recording equipment built in. The ones that have recording equipment tend to (from what I've looked at before) have reduced frame rates and resolution and record to solid state memory cards. The better ones tend to expect you to have a camcorder connected to them for the actual recording. One day I might get one to record some of my mountain biking rides and would expect to be carrying a cheap camcorder in my pack while the camera is strapped to my head somewhere.

I hope you win on this and can find a good camera without the need to strap a camcorder to the heli as well. Whatever happend post some footage as I'd like to see what you come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    As I can't imagine the weight of any bullet cam affecting a real hellicoptor I assume you are talking about a remote control heli here?
    Nothing much gets past you Alan eh Unless you know of a remote controlled full size helicopter that is!
    The camera head will downlink to the recording camera and various types will trialled until we get satisfactory footage. Thanks for the interest and I'll certainly post the results.