Thread: AE7Pro's Timewrap VS Twixtor

Default AE7Pro's Timewrap VS Twixtor

Hi guys! It's been a while since my last post

Ok, let's get to the point..

I noticed that the Pro version of After Effects 7.0 has a cool effect called Timewrap which, after reading the description, has the ability to make seamless slow motion clips.

I was just wandering, how does it compare with the infamous twixtor plugin?

I guess that's all for now. Looking forward for your replies guys.

ps: Does anybody know where to find a good free After Effects 7.0 basic tutorial?
    The truth is within us...

Think you're referring to time remapping in AE, I do have a version of twixtor and especially it's slowmotion capabilities are very good, think the program calculates the difference between 2 frames and makes some kind of transition then, even if you slowdown a clip considerably the motion still stays smooth meaning you don't get the "jerky" transitions you otherwise see due to the limited available frames.

Another feature I like about twixtor is the fast that you can add motion blur as well so sudden change in speeds don't look so fake.

Actually there are a lot of things you can change, most of them I haven't even tried. But if you really take the time for it I'm sure you can get kick ass slowmotion out of it.

For instance this one http://www.fotografitti.be/NOAFILM/Pvt.html
    was produced for a volleyballclub and the cameramovement had a constant speed first, afterwards I changed it with twixtor. Now this was the first time I used after effects on a project so don't expect to much from it but you"ll get an idea.

Want to know more about after effects; check following link, it's were I got my inspiration as well to produce above clip. It's the only way to start learning AE.
    http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bi...ls_script.html

No, I was really refering to the new effect that just came out with After Effects 7.0 Pro (the standard version doesnn't have it.

Yes, I know that the Twixtor is a very powerful plugin, but I guess I'm low on budget. The Timewrap effect is not like the time-remap. It has additional control over how to create the intermediate frame between the real frames when applying slow motion, and many more (I reall y haven't tried it) even if it's not as sophisticated (as in more control) as twixtor (i've tried the trial version).

As for the tip about where to learn about After Effects, thanks. Actually, a few minutes after I post this topic, I was already wandering inside the web you reffered.

Overall, thanks for the reply.

Can't help with the effect, but a good resource for learning AE are the Creating motion graphics books by Chris and Trish Meyer. There's Vol 1 which covers the basics and Vol2 which covers more advanced subjects. Everything is explained in great detail and they both come with DVDs with example project files and all the source files.

The learning curve is just about perfect they take you along at a pace that should suit most people. I have found these books to be an invaluable resource. Not free but a good investment if you are going to be using AE a lot. The books cover up to version 6.5 so may not help with the effect you are using but for everything they are very useful.

Timewarp is excellent and in my opinion is better than twixtor. Twixtor always seemed to look a bit warp like to me. maybe I was using it wrong.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Really? Then I guess I should really try using it. But I guess I won't be able to try it for like a few weeks. I've been really busy these days.

Thanks for all the comments guy. Really appreciate it.