Thread: WEB based front end menu / DVD Menu

Smile WEB based front end menu / DVD Menu

All,

Thanks for having a look at my problem.
    I have a DVD menu that I made in After effects and Photoshop, with a few 3d items hanging around, now im trying to get a web presence up and running and would like to use the same menu for navigation, (DVD will be sent out to clients) the idea is continuity and familiarity with my product.

Can someone please inform me how I would go about saving an AE project for the web?

i.e. have a look at this link, the principle is the same but the picture is not. Instead of flying the camera towards something I am moving the camera around to a certain symbol or point on a 2d image set as a 3d layer. (Hope it made sense)

The idea is you look at the middle of a 3d circle with different images on the Z axis and when you click on an image set around the circle the user would find themselves flown towards that image and another page loads up.

Thanks for any input guys I know you are all busy.

Mitch

To tell you the truth, I didn't even know that was possible with AE, so you want to have the possibilities you have now on your dvd but then directly on the internet?
    Shouldn't you use Macromedia flash for that?

Question

noa,

Thanks for having a look.

I dont know if its possible this is why im asking!

If its not then if someone could tell me how i can do it and with what then all the better.

Yep, im going for the same look i have with my DVD menu on my web site. At the end of each video presentation the DVD goes back to the Menu and the user chooses another presentation to watch. Im after the same look on the web, but a different outcome.

If its not possible to save an AE project for the web please tell me, that was the question.

Mitch

4. Default

as far as i am aware this type of thing is possible using video exported from after effects then encoded into .flv for flash and the menu (DVD style) built within flash and placed into a webpage.

i dont know how to do it but im pretty sure it can be done. i think all it is really is a normal flash site with video transisions between and then the video you want to show linked to button in the flash site... thingy

Thumbs up

Thanks komatoast,

I have a couple of friends on the case (seeing as they havent got much else to do), i might have to start out with a graphic of the opening DVD title and use buttons for now.

Ill keep looking into it and if i get it sorted ill post a "How to".

Cheers.

Mitch