Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canon MV630i No picture - HELP???

Default Canon MV630i No picture - HELP???

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on why my camcorder is not showing a picture on the monitor?

I can watch previously recorded footage in "play mode" however when I am in "camera mode" I am getting nothing but a blank screen...

After switching on it shows me the Canon screen and then I get all the screen info showing however just a black screen. If I record there is sound when playing back but nothing at recorded visually.

Any suggestions, tips would be greatly appreciated, I'm going crazy!!!! PLEASE HELP??????

Can you watch previous recordings?

Yeah, I can... So I figure that it's not an issue with the screen. I can even see the display writing when in camera mode, but just no picture of what I am focused on.

It might be the CCD.

what's that? sorry, this is all new to me...

The CCD is the sensor that receives the image and encodes it into bits. Sort of like the 'brain' of an imaging device. I think it might have been damaged, as you say that the play back is fine, but everything you record is black and it DOES have sound.

Hi

My MV560 has developed the same problem. Did you establish what the problem was and did you get it fixed?

Steve

If nothing is showing up in the viewfinder in camera mode then the unit definitely has a defect - unless the lens cap is still on. Is it still under warranty?

Hey Guys,

Just joined up to give you an answer to the problem.
    Canon have recognized there is an issue with the CCD, if you check out the Canon-Asia web site you will see a notice there on the problem.
    Canon have agreed to repair all units showing the problem at no cost regardless if the unit is still under warranty or not.

I'm in Australia and my unit is out of warranty, I called Canon explained the problem and was told to drop the camera off at their service office and they will repair at no charge.

I hope this puts a smile on a few faces.

Rob

Hi

Thanks SO MUCH for this information. I was gutted that my MV630i was out of warranty and when trying to record my 2 year old son opening his presents on Xmas Day, this same thing happened. Its his birthday coming up and havent been able to afford to have it fixed so this is fantastic. You have planted a smile firmly on one single mothers face!

Just called Canon and they are happy for me to post my recorder to them special delivery for a free fix.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast