Thread: high action movies... i need some help

Default high action movies... i need some help

hello forum...

i accidentally created an effect in Premiere Pro that i am very please with. For all the films i have been shooting (with lots of martial arts in them), to have someone kick severally on the same position with thesame leg was night mare. Either the person had to train for weeks to achieve it, or we just sat in the studio and cried...

then when i started working with Premiere Pro, i copied and pasted two instances of a footage, reversed the second instance, and bingo! the guy kicked twice.... so smooth, cute and live! I added several of this and i had a perfect multiple kicks by the guy.... wow!

point is:
    • Has anyone of you here ever used this to achieve something really cool? (and may i see it, if you dont mind?)
    • Do you think one can use this in a full feature movie, with success?
    The victor will never be asked if he told the truth!

By manipulating the play speed in Prenmier Pro I'm a little surpised you got great result. The play speed in PPro is not keyframable you see.

This type of effect would work better if the speed could be ramped i.e. sppeded up and slowed down gradually. You would need a plug-in like Twixtor to do this in PPro. However, the latest version of After Effects has this built in so you might get better results with that if you have access to it.

Oh, and you would only need a single copy of your clip as well.

Glad you got what you want though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    By manipulating the play speed in Prenmier Pro I'm a little surpised you got great result. The play speed in PPro is not keyframable you see.

This type of effect would work better if the speed could be ramped i.e. sppeded up and slowed down gradually. You would need a plug-in like Twixtor to do this in PPro. However, the latest version of After Effects has this built in so you might get better results with that if you have access to it.

Oh, and you would only need a single copy of your clip as well.

Glad you got what you want though.
    Alan Mills i must say i am very very appreciative of the time you take to help us the little 'uns in our movie editing carreers.

man thanks very much. this reply will revolutionize the way i edit. i have been thinking about this "ramping" thing you said, but could never get it done. i had to cut and cut and cut clips in PPro, and then set individual play speeds for the clips on the timeline. It was way so crude, but it deceived a few eys... now i found the secret. i have After Effects but will get the Twixtor, then i will tell you what i found out.

once again, thanks
    The victor will never be asked if he told the truth!

Twixtor does the job best but time remapping in AE can also be used to keyframe every movement in time.

Quote Originally Posted by coommark View Post
    Alan Mills i must say i am very very appreciative of the time you take to help us the little 'uns in our movie editing carreers.

man thanks very much. this reply will revolutionize the way i edit. i have been thinking about this "ramping" thing you said, but could never get it done. i had to cut and cut and cut clips in PPro, and then set individual play speeds for the clips on the timeline. It was way so crude, but it deceived a few eys... now i found the secret. i have After Effects but will get the Twixtor, then i will tell you what i found out.

once again, thanks
    You're welcome.

If you have thwe latest version of AE then you may not need Twixtor. It's a seperate plugin and costs mucho $$'s. Ae has an equivalent function built in now. I really should find time to play with it to see if it does a good job or not.