Thread: Sub Titles

Default Sub Titles

Anyone got any experience of using subtitles in Vegas before I ramble on about my problem?

Blog Entries

Ramble away.

All you need do I would have thought is to bung the text in the text gen on a different track...

Ok
    I've downloaded Vasst's 'sub text' plugin and it all works well. I can see the text above the timeline in Vegas between markers (inserted from a notepad as .txt file) . I can slide the markers to match the text to the video but I cant preview it anywhere. Do I have to render it out to architect before I can set stuff like font colour, font size and general readabilty against the video background?

Blog Entries

Ahh, cant help I am afraid. I dont have nuch call to subtitle so I just use the text gen in vegas.

Sony's DVD Architect will do subtitling and I used it in the middle of last year and found it to be surprisingly easy. If Vegas had a similar too it wou;d be great. As its only in Architect it makes it exclusivley for DVD use but it also means that you can have multiple languege's in subtitles.

The process is very simple. I had to type all the subs into a txt document with line spaces between each body of text then when i imported trhat into architect it evenly space out the subs on the timeline in Architect. Then it was a case of moving the blocks to match the audio but as i had created markers for each audio piece it made it easier.

Blog Entries

Thats my 'tip of the week' from Irishmark, well I shall make a point of remembering that - have a gold star or shall I talk Razzle (obscure private gag)

This is similar with Adobe Encore 2.0. Do all the subtitles as a .txt file in notepad, each line beginning with the start/end times, and insert it under the main audio track. Text appears according to the times entered.

Thanks for that Irishmark. I was trying to do it in Vegas. It looks like its got even easier in Architect 4. No need for writing it into text document.Insert Sub Title Track>Insert Sub Title Text Event>Right Click Text Event>Edit Text in preview window