Thread: Capturing Window in Prem. Pro 7.0

Default Capturing Window in Prem. Pro 7.0

I got this software for Christmas and I cannot get the capturing window to fit my 17 " monitor where the fwd, rewind, etc tools are visible at the bottom. This probably is very simple; but, I would appreciate anyone's help! Thanks, Jolie

Quote Originally Posted by Jolie View Post
    I got this software for Christmas and I cannot get the capturing window to fit my 17 " monitor where the fwd, rewind, etc tools are visible at the bottom. This probably is very simple; but, I would appreciate anyone's help! Thanks, Jolie
    Sounds like you want to enlarge the window to fill the screen. It won't do that. What you are seeing in the capture window is a representation of your clip so that you can mark in and out points and only capture the buts you actually want.

Once captured, the video will likely be a different size but will still not be large enough to display full resolution on your monitor. Video resolutions are fixed. once you start edittign you can zoom and or crop to your heart's desire.

I'm not sure that I've explained my problem. The capturing window is not fully displayed. I cannot get to the tools at the bottom of the window in order to do any capturing. It's like they are hidden behind my computer frame(where it says done or searching for site...etc.). You know the screen where you capture...at the bottom are the tools similar to those seen on a vcr or dvd player. There is a row of numbers...then below that are the aforementioned 'buttons'. They are inaccessible. Cheryl

Ok. I'm looking at Adobe Premiere Pro for Dummies. It is the playback controls that I cannot see or access on my computer screen. I've edited in Pinnacle before and never encountered this type of problem. I cannot even push 'play' in the capture window. The bottom window bar..just above the bottom toolbar covers the buttons. The last visible thing in the window at the bottom is the current timecode, in point timecode, out point timecode and duration areas. Thanks. I hope this is clarifying my problem. Cheryl

Not sure why you might have the wondow displayed but with half of the button missing or unavailable.

You do have your camera turned on in VCR mode and connected via a firewire cable don't you? Hopefully you do but we should at least discount the really obvious.

Maybe this will help;

Go with your mouse to the colored bar on top of the capture window and drag it, holding down the left mouse-key, all the way up to almost the top of your screen. If you still can not see the bottom of the capture window, than go with the mouse to the left or right top corner of the capture window (the mouse cursor will change into a line with two arrow-heads) and make the window smaller by holding down the left mouse key and dragging the mouse downward or to the center of your screen. Now go to the colored bar on top of the capture window and drag it upwards.
    Premiere will remember the size of the window.

Good luck!

It sounds like Premiere's capture window is simply too big to fit completely on the computer screen - is this the problem?

Could increasing the monitor's resolution settings solve the problem?

Is this an option for you?

If it isn't, I suggest that you use a separate program for capturing your dv footage. Once captured, the DV AVI files can then be imported into Premiere for editing. Windows Movie Maker works ok for capturing, as does WinDV (http://windv.mourek.cz).

Hope this helps

Jolie is using a 17 inch monitor. Even with a resolution of 800x600 you can make the capture window completely visible using the method I discribed.

You have a problem when the top bar of the capture-window is completely of the screen. But I could not make that happen and even then, when you change the resolution of your monitor, it will pop up with the left top corner on the middle of the screen and you can access the top bar of the capture window again.

But you're wright that increasing the resolution of the monitor can solve the problem. But it is possible to make the capture window fit at any resolution by resizing it.

Yes, it's curious this one.

It would be interesting if Jolie could post up a screen grab so that we could see exactly what the problem is.