Thread: How do I use 8000 frames per second

Default How do I use 8000 frames per second

I'm English but have been living in Canada for the last 18 months and have recently bought a camcorder, my first camcorder, I chose the Panasonic PV-GS39, now this records with frame rates of up to 1/8000 which I have done, very well lit conditions are needed but it works well, my only problem now is, and has been now for the last few weeks, that I can't figure out how to take 8000 frames per second from my camera to my computer. I have searched everywhere on the internet and can't seem to find anything anywhere, I think the most I can get currently is 60fps with Premiere, correct me if I'm wrong. So, does anyone know how I can take 8000 fps from my camera to my computer?

Thanks,

--Dannon

I believe you'll find that 1/8000th is the shutter speed and not frames per second.

As such it will not effect how you use Premiere at all. Use standard PAL or NTSC presets depending on where you are in the World.

What it will effect is how sharp the picture is for fast moving action, that's all.

Thanks a lot, I was under the impression that I could get 8000 frames a second recorded to tape, I have obviously done my research wrong but now I know so I will start thinking about how to use all this to my advantage now.

--Dannon

I am of course working on the asusmption that no hand held video camera will crank up to 8000 fps. If it did I would buy one tomorrow and another one as a spare for super cool slo-mo's.

The first example I found of that camera on the web very specifically mentioned a 1/8000th shutter speed so I suspet that is what you really have.

Yeah, I wanted to do a couple of really cool slo-mo's, you'd be right in saying that my camera has 1/8000 shutter speed rather than 1/8000 fps recording, ah well, this is my first camera, it wasn't overly expensive so I guess I will learn a lot from it, I would have really liked upwards of 1/100 fps recording maybe next time.

--Dannon

Even at that, Cameras that take high speed usually just record the high speed capture in slow motion to a standard 50/60 Hz file, and then you can speed that up / slow it down further in editing : P
    It's not about what camera you use or how much it cost.

It's about what you shoot,
    how you shot it,
    and how you edit it :P