Thread: Darkening

Default Darkening

Hi,
    I'm new to the site but have been doing video editing for a while. I mostly do sports ( ski, snowboard, motocross etc) and do a few script movies for class. When I'm watching any sort of professional movie I notice that the colour is different than what it looks like after it is filmed. How can I get my clips to look like this? I have adobe premiere pro.

Quote Originally Posted by JRock189 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm new to the site but have been doing video editing for a while. I mostly do sports ( ski, snowboard, motocross etc) and do a few script movies for class. When I'm watching any sort of professional movie I notice that the colour is different than what it looks like after it is filmed. How can I get my clips to look like this? I have adobe premiere pro.
    Which version of Premier pro? The best answer (if not necessarily the cheapest) is to look at the Magic Bullet editors for Adobe s/w. These have a very good reputation.

If you have the right version of PPro (1.5 I think) then you should have the rights to download and install a freebie version of Magic Bullet editors. Not the full version mind but a handfull of standard colour grades and stuff. Can't remember now whether it was ont he installation diskl or whether it was a download from a supplied link. It was a while ago and so may not be available anymore though.

Look here for details of Magicv Bullet Editors. http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/mbforeditors.html

Alternatively you could (just) play with brightness, contrast, levels, saturations and coloration type effects to get what you want. Not easy to walk away entirely happy when you DIY it though.