Thread: Sony Picture Package won't start

Default Sony Picture Package won't start

I connected my Sony DCR-HC35E to my PC using the supplied usb cable and the usb streaming worked fine. Now I want to transfer the tape contents onto my PC HD but whenever I double click on Picture Package Menu it says I need to install Macromedia Flash Player first. Even though I've already got flash. I've reinstalled and tested flash from Adobe but Picture Package still complains. Help!

Separately, are there any (preferably freeware) alternatives to Picture Package. All I want to do is save into files (format?), and edit or email to family and friends, so small files would be good.

I got sony HC94...
    I have the same problem!!!
    Mine USB streaming not working at all!!!
    PC can't see my cam!!!
    What should I do? Plaese, help me!

Quote Originally Posted by FredCam View Post
    I connected my Sony DCR-HC35E to my PC using the supplied usb cable and the usb streaming worked fine. Now I want to transfer the tape contents onto my PC HD but whenever I double click on Picture Package Menu it says I need to install Macromedia Flash Player first. Even though I've already got flash. I've reinstalled and tested flash from Adobe but Picture Package still complains. Help!

Separately, are there any (preferably freeware) alternatives to Picture Package. All I want to do is save into files (format?), and edit or email to family and friends, so small files would be good.
    I have a dc35 as well and use the supplied firewire cable connected to the dockingstation. Firewire is more reliable with camera's then usb.
    Check http://desktopvideo.about.com/od/sof...tfreesw_ro.htm here for free editing software and get rid of Sony picture package, I never understood why Sony bothered adding this type of crap software.

Blog Entries

Never use USB. F wire is the way to stream video into the computer.

Im having the same promblem about the picture package menu and have tried to reinstall the flash player but mine is still not working. di you get yours sorted?

Quote Originally Posted by FredCam View Post

Hi, did you manage to resolve this problem?

Default Picture package fix

To fix macromedia flash player error message go to Sony web page and update your picture package program. Sony eSupport - Electronics - Select Your Model Just enter your model number then it will ask you what platform you're running on and it will give you a list of updates for your usb drive and for picture package. Also, if your computer can't find your camera, make sure on your camera menu you have usb streaming on. Hope this helps!