Thread: Sony DCR TRV22E help

Default Sony DCR TRV22E help

Hello buddies,

I am new to this forum.. I own a Sony DCR TRV22E camcorder.. Unfortunately I lost the CD containing the software for transfer of video from camcorder to PC. I tried contacting various people for getting a copy of the software. So it's not possible to transfer videos to my PC.. Please help me on this.. .. And I'm using Sony USB cable

Blog Entries

This is a DV camera, and you sould not therefore be using USB to transfer video, Transfer using a firewire connection and just about any video editing software on the market.

As much as Marc is correct. if you are attempting to transfer video via USB you are automatically doing it wrong! It is as simple as that!

However, I have this camera (or is it the 33E? - same difference probably) and there is one possible good reason for installing the s/w that comes on the disk in the box. This camera (if the same as mine) holds memory stick cards for taking stills. Actually you can record video on it as well but you'll need a big card for anything worthwhile... Anyway, the s/w will allow the transfer of still from the camera to the PC if you have no suitable card reader for the memory stick.

I've never used the s/w as I have no need of this facility but I may still have the disk tucked away somewhere. I may not though. If you are still desperate and I can find it I can always run a copy off for you.

But if it's for video transfer then I won't do it as it's tantamount to teaching people the wrong way to do things - lol

Alan

i have the same problem same camera i connect the USB cord thing and open windows movie maker and click import and it wont import, it dosent detect it >< please help.

Quote Originally Posted by noobneedshelp View Post
    i have the same problem same camera i connect the USB cord thing and open windows movie maker and click import and it wont import, it dosent detect it >< please help.
    Indeed it will not detect it. And nothign you can do will make it 'detect' it either. Thats' the bad news.

The good news is that you can do things 'properly' instead and it WILL work.

Take you USB lead and throw it in the bin. OK, maybe not literally but for video capture if you even thinkn about using it then you've already done it wrong. Get a fireqire lead and connect your camera to the PC using that. As soon as you turn the camera on in 'VCR mode' then you'll hear Windows 'ping' as it detects it.

Basically, this 'detection' will only ever work through firewire for capture.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    Indeed it will not detect it. And nothign you can do will make it 'detect' it either. Thats' the bad news.

The good news is that you can do things 'properly' instead and it WILL work.

Take you USB lead and throw it in the bin. OK, maybe not literally but for video capture if you even thinkn about using it then you've already done it wrong. Get a fireqire lead and connect your camera to the PC using that. As soon as you turn the camera on in 'VCR mode' then you'll hear Windows 'ping' as it detects it.

Basically, this 'detection' will only ever work through firewire for capture.
    err sorry i actually am using a firewire and its still not 'detecting' it, yes it pings when i connect it, but the installing hardware fails :( yes i do click 'search the net'

please help. thanks for ur help so far

I've never heard of a Sony TRV22 not being detected before. I have the 33E but have only ever used different incarnations of Adobe Premiere to capture from it (a slight fib but for the purposes of this discussion it's true) and it detecetd the camera form the first day and always has. I have never used WMM at all. It might be a WMM thing. If so the I wouldn't know the answer as I have no idea how WMM captures footage.

Try another capture utillity. Maybe someone can recommend a freebie one if any exists.

Just remember to have your camera in VCR mode rather than camera mode though or it will not work at all.

Sorry I can't offer more right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    I've never heard of a Sony TRV22 not being detected before. I have the 33E but have only ever used different incarnations of Adobe Premiere to capture from it (a slight fib but for the purposes of this discussion it's true) and it detecetd the camera form the first day and always has. I have never used WMM at all. It might be a WMM thing. If so the I wouldn't know the answer as I have no idea how WMM captures footage.

Try another capture utillity. Maybe someone can recommend a freebie one if any exists.

Just remember to have your camera in VCR mode rather than camera mode though or it will not work at all.

Sorry I can't offer more right now.
    NP, i cant find any freebies though :( i think i have editing software stashed away here somewhere though...

probably too old but i found out the fix and posted it here

[Guide] Sony /DCR-TRV22E handi cam