Thread: Capturing Video Quality

1. Default Capturing Video Quality

Using my Sony HC21E i've captured to avi files using windows movie maker before (with scene selection) and the quality of the clips has been great. Last week was my first time capturing using Premiere Pro 2.0 but looking at the video monitor, some clips looks pixelated or not as good as WMM, i'm worried that when i compile a DVD then the quality is gonna be worse hence this is a business & would like to impress my clients. Should i continue using WMM rather? I like PP scene selection/batch capturing facility make life much easier. Or is it my settings somewhere.. I use PAL, 25fps, 4:3 (720:576)...

Could be that the previewsettings of your previewscreen in premiere has been set to draft quality, something you can change with the very small button in the upper right corner in the previewscreen (That's the case with version 1.5, don't know how 2.0 looks.) though that doens't make that big difference.
    Maybe you could do a screenprint from your general project settings so we could have a look if they are correct.
    If you are worried about the quality on dvd, why don't you make a dvd to check how it looks on a tv? And if you are running a business and want to impress your clients then continue using wmm is not a good idea, the program is way to limited to do some decent editing.

3. Default

Hi noa.. Checked, it's set to highest quality not draft. Will do a DVD and evaluate results..

thanx

Quote Originally Posted by sn77star View Post
    Hi noa.. Checked, it's set to highest quality not draft. Will do a DVD and evaluate results..

thanx
    And, in case it's not obvious, clean you tape heads before capturing as well to make sure it's not just some dirt causing the problems.

Also, is this the same clip you are capturing or a new one? Someone claimed of bad quality a few weeks ago and after a few posts went back and fro it turned out to have been shot in very low light and the camera just did it's best with the conditions it had.

Just thinking out loud.