Thread: Audio recording trick

Default Audio recording trick

I learned this awesome way of recording sound on your computer...

first, if you want the sound from a clip on the internet that you cannot download, you can simply record it onto your comp.
    You do this by using something radioshack sells. Costs 5 bucks, and is small and easy to use. it is basically a earphone cable, but with both ends have the 1/8'' jack. You simply plug one into your headphone port, and the other into your microphone port, and use an audio recording program to record while it's playing. The computer thinks what it is recording is coming through a mike, but is really what the headphone jack is putting out!
    Works best when you do not need video, only audio, or it is a site where you cant download it.
    Everybody Pays

Most sound card's theese days do it internally, I no "wave lab" does it internally, Im not sure about Sonar though.

Blog Entries

I go with Luke on this one.

You don't have to use a cable, just open any recording software, set the "recording device" as your soundcard, and you can record directly.

Blog Entries

It ruins the sound in my expirience - compressed digital original - crap (probably) analogue stage - then redigitsied. Okay for the odd sfx I suppose.

Hmm, I guess this could work for people with an older system...

I might try the sound card thing, see how it works for me.
    Everybody Pays

Default I Answerd your e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by fultron89 View Post
    I learned this awesome way of recording sound on your computer...

first, if you want the sound from a clip on the internet that you cannot download, you can simply record it onto your comp.
    You do this by using something radioshack sells. Costs 5 bucks, and is small and easy to use. it is basically a earphone cable, but with both ends have the 1/8'' jack. You simply plug one into your headphone port, and the other into your microphone port, and use an audio recording program to record while it's playing. The computer thinks what it is recording is coming through a mike, but is really what the headphone jack is putting out!
    Works best when you do not need video, only audio, or it is a site where you cant download it.
    Hello "unknown"
    Well, I've got a better program to record your sound or music from the internet.
    Go to http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ an download that program. you also need the "Lame MP3 encoder". But watch out the internet pages are all in Duch. I am dutch too. So don't pay atention to my grammer errors. install the encoder in the audacity map. now you can start the program. I will now explane how you record.
    In the program you can set you language. set the record source to "stereo mix" and play the file. push first the record button an he will record. If you would ask me some more please email me on mickvellener@hotmail.com. Tankyou