Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First Official Music video

Default My First Official Music video

Hey everybody play time is over its time for me to unleash my frist official music video. This video i did for a rap group called 9 mil around where i live. You may recognize one of the members from my comedy videos. But anyway this video is worth watching trust me you've never seen me do anything like this before. Well all i can say now is enjoy.

We are ready to shock the world

Blog Entries

I really, really liked the editing but why didn't you listen to the advice you were given some time ago?

Black skin needs light!

The video was well edited, the effects were excellent and fitted brilliantly.
    It's just a pity that your original footage was badly exposed and made the video difficult to view. If the viewer's looking at the screen thinking "what's going on?" they aren't listening to the music or hearing the lyrics.

A real pity, what has the potential to be superb, ends up being almost unwatchable...Praise the editor, fire the cameraman.
    Last edited by Rembrandt Rob; 01-10-2007 at 04:08 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Guru View Post
    I really, really liked the editing but why didn't you listen to the advice you were given some time ago?

Black skin needs light!

The video was well edited, the effects were excellent and fitted brilliantly.
    It's just a pity that your original footage was badly exposed and made the video difficult to view. If the viewer's looking at the screen thinking "what's going on?" they aren't listening to the music or hearing the lyrics.

A real pity, what has the potential to be superb, ends up being almost unwatchable...Praise the editor, fire the cameraman.
    Snap from me too. I find this music so difficult to appreciate at the best of times and it was an effort to watch right through. Sorry mate, but the lighting as Guru says really lets it down. I thought the editing was great though.

Blog Entries

First the good:

- Great piece of work overall - cant stand that type of music but the video went really well with it making the sum greater than the parts. Loved the telly idea and the white backgrounds.

- Clever editing all round - great use of some weird effects but nothing was overdone.

Now the bad:

- As mentioned some of the lighting was very poor and let the video down. I advise avoiding manual exposure, use manual if you can and set the cameras exposure for the subject of the frame, it looks to me like a typical failing of autoexposure in many of the shots.

- I couldnt read the credits at the end.

BUT - that was a really great piece of work overall, 4 stars from me, and I hardly ever give out stars....

Yeah the video was fine uncompressed but after it compressed it became so much darker i was like dangit but didn't care i just wanted to get it out but thanks guys glad you appreciated it

Blog Entries

I would recompress with a bit more brightness, just lift the blacks a bit, cant remember what editor you use - it would be 'colour curves' in vegas.

Shame to let it be seen not at its best.

Cool cool i'll do that for other videos i had to take that one down since its a diss video and the 2 groups feud are now done with the feud i had to remove it. Its a shame because its such a good video too

Video removed by user
    Don't Forget To Pop Over To....
    Vister User Video Selections & Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Vister View Post
    Video removed by user
    If you "read" his last post he said he removed it.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Opps, yes sorry missed that
    Don't Forget To Pop Over To....
    Vister User Video Selections & Forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast