Thread: Commentary Track/Other Menus

Default Commentary Track/Other Menus

Talking about program: Adobe Premier Elements 2.0

I apologize if this has been asked before but I am working on a video with some friends and we plan to add a commentary track to it but it's not recording the track that is the problem...it's the actual implementation. How do you put in a track that just doesn't play over the original audio track...like professional DVD's have an option to turn it on or off. How does one do that? Is it even possible?

My second question: Is it possible to create extra menu areas? Much like a professionally made DVD would have a bonus features menu with bloopers and such...is that possible with PE2 or do extra features beyond play movie and scene selection or does that just have be more buttons on the main menu for each of the "special features?"

Thanks in advance to any and all help,
    Raj
    Last edited by Raj O Mac; 01-09-2007 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raj O Mac View Post
    Talking about program: Adobe Premier Elements 2.0

I apologize if this has been asked before but I am working on a video with some friends and we plan to add a commentary track to it but it's not recording the track that is the problem...it's the actual implementation. How do you put in a track that just doesn't play over the original audio track...like professional DVD's have an option to turn it on or off. How does one do that? Is it even possible?

My second question: Is it possible to create extra menu areas? Much like a professionally made DVD would have a bonus features menu with bloopers and such...is that possible with PE2 or do extra features beyond play movie and scene selection have to just be more buttons on the main menu?

Thanks in advance to any and all help,
    Raj
    You may not be able to do this in Elements. You might find you need a specific DVD authoring app to do this. To add commentary tracks I used Adobe Encore and it's quite easy. Add a button to a menu and link it to a second audio track. Once it;s clicked then the DVD is no set to audio track 2 and anything played thereafter used track two if there is one.

Alright, thanks for your reply. I think I have a work around to get the DVD commentary working, its primitive but it might work. Can anyone answer my question about the "Special Features" menu. Can I make another menu with the main menu? Like Scene Selection is a separate menu...can I make another one of those like that?