Thread: After Effects demo problems

Default After Effects demo problems

Hey, i have downloaded the tryout version of AAF off of the Adobe site. When i try to unpack and install it w/ winrar, it gives me a diagnostic error saying that "data1.cab" is a corrupted file, and the installation will not proceed until data1 is on the computer. i have tried unzippiing that file separately, but every time winrar tells me it is corrpt.

Does anyone have a copy that they could send me, or is there a mirror site somewhere that has gotten good results in the past?

Please help...
    Everybody Pays

Quote Originally Posted by fultron89 View Post
    Hey, i have downloaded the tryout version of AAF off of the Adobe site. When i try to unpack and install it w/ winrar, it gives me a diagnostic error saying that "data1.cab" is a corrupted file, and the installation will not proceed until data1 is on the computer. i have tried unzippiing that file separately, but every time winrar tells me it is corrpt.

Does anyone have a copy that they could send me, or is there a mirror site somewhere that has gotten good results in the past?

Please help...
    I would simply suggest that you try the download again as something clearly went wrong with it.

I notice you're in the US so not so sure this second option is viable for you but over here in the UK we have a couple of monthly video editing magazines we can get from local newsagents. These typically come with covers disks and Adobe Afvtre Effect is a very common addition to these disks. Plus if ti is included on a cover disk then the chances are there are some usfuly articles on using it in the mag itself.

It's gonna suck downloading it again, it's like 1.5 gigs , but ill try...

I have been looking for a good mag for video editing and such, but have yet to find anything...

What is a popular one, that might have overseas distribution? It does seem like a CD would be the way to go, especially if it is straight from the publisher.
    And one Q: do they usually come with the trial version of AAF, or is it like a dumbed down version so there is no chance of hacking it and getting the full version?
    Everybody Pays

It's gonna suck downloading it again, it's like 1.5 gigs , but ill try...

I have been looking for a good mag for video editing and such, but have yet to find anything...

What is a popular one, that might have overseas distribution? It does seem like a CD would be the way to go, especially if it is straight from the publisher.
    And one Q: do they usually come with the trial version of AAF, or is it like a dumbed down version so there is no chance of hacking it and getting the full version?
    I beleive there is only one version of the AE trial - not that I've tried it but I suspect it is the standard version though. Fully functional but lasts for 30 days. Not sure I care much for the inference that you are going to attempt to 'crack' the s/w. This isn't the forum for that!

Not sure that I care much for the inference that you think i made an inference that I am going to "crack" it....
    Everybody Pays

Blog Entries

Put it this way...

Adobe and the other editing software manufacturers are like really hot on any site which endorses, or in any way supports, cracking, hacking or copying of their stuff.
    So, comments like " do they usually come with the trial version of AAF, or is it like a dumbed down version so there is no chance of hacking it and getting the full version?" could cause problems.

That sentence just so like says that you're going to try to hack it, and that hacking goes against all this site's principles.

Blog Entries

...And one Q: do they usually come with the trial version of AAF, or is it like a dumbed down version so there is no chance of hacking it and getting the full version?
    Not sure that I care much for the inference that you think i made an inference that I am going to "crack" it....
    Fultron - how else is anyone meant to read the first question? 'Hacking' software is not a subject permitted here by anyone at all. I suggest you avoid it too.
    Last edited by Andy Lockwood; 01-11-2007 at 02:21 PM.

Sheesh, I was only trying to find out whether or not I would be getting something that was packaged as AAF, but is really a grade D knockoff that has maybe 20% of the capability that the full version does. Alan answered that question, but then he decided to jump to a conclusion.

I let the word "hacking" slip because I know enough about big software companies to know that they are uber-protective of their products, and (for the most part) firmly anti-hackers.
    It's been my experience here that people don't stop to think about what i am saying, or really care if they get it wrong.
    I predict that the next few posts will be people arguing with me about this very point.

Sorry i said hacking, ill leave that out from now on.
    Everybody Pays

Sheesh, I was only trying to find out whether or not I would be getting something that was packaged as AAF, but is really a grade D knockoff that has maybe 20% of the capability that the full version does. Alan answered that question, but then he decided to jump to a conclusion.
    Sadly, we see this type of thing all too often on here. Sometime peopl eeven blatantly ask where they can get serial numbers from as well. So you see, I feel obliged to make sure I do NOT help people do what they should not be doing. I feel I have to err on the side of caution and find it better not to help someone than to find out later I've helped then crack some s/w they haven;t paid for - if you see what I mean.

I let the word "hacking" slip because I know enough about big software companies to know that they are uber-protective of their products, and (for the most part) firmly anti-hackers.
    It's been my experience here that people don't stop to think about what i am saying, or really care if they get it wrong.
    I predict that the next few posts will be people arguing with me about this very point.
    A rather cheap and futile attempt to make us feel guilty about not wanting to help people crack their s/w isn't it?

Sorry i said hacking, ill leave that out from now on.
    Apology accepted.

Forums posts, like email disguise intent, mood and feeling so much that the mere sight of words like hacking are a put off. Having explained things I can see what you were actually trying to ask now. Most here know that the question of hacking has no bearing on your original point so for you to bring it into the question makes a lot of us start to assume the worst.

In this case it was only a 'hint' and so I did answer the question as much as I am able to and only mentioned things in passing.

If offence was taken I apologise.