Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: fire effects in after effects.

  1. #1

    Default fire effects in after effects.

    is it possible to make objects or people look like theyre on fire using after effects ?

  2. Default

    it depends on what look you are after... the best look i think would be to overlay some footage of the fire on to your video

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bladon
    Posts
    1,383

    Default

    try trapcodes particular

  4. #4

    Default

    thanks guys ill try it out.

    is there any software that captures the outlines on the camera and adds a flame to them?, dont know if its true but heard there was some thing like that out there.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bracknell, Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackginger View Post
    thanks guys ill try it out.

    is there any software that captures the outlines on the camera and adds a flame to them?, dont know if its true but heard there was some thing like that out there.
    It's called After Effects!


    Seriously though, AE is a good tool for this. It does come with it's own limited particle effects too. They may or may not be up to this job though. Listen to Luke though, Trapcode do a good particle plugin for AE which will be able to help. Another option is my personal fave though, particlleIllusion.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Western Europe
    Posts
    3,409

    Default

    I would also recommend ParticleIllusion for it's inbuilt effects; you might find something in it that would suit you rightaway whereas in AE you'll probably spend hours or days changing numerical values in its particle generator. And not even come close to what PI has.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bracknell, Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    I would also recommend ParticleIllusion for it's inbuilt effects; you might find something in it that would suit you rightaway whereas in AE you'll probably spend hours or days changing numerical values in its particle generator. And not even come close to what PI has.
    Nice that there is someone else out there that likes it as much as me. It saves me sounding like I'm preaching again. the number of presets is enormous - running into thousands. You'll def have what you want in PI3.

  8. #8

    Default

    Hello,
    I am interested in this very thing. I am making a class movie (Hamlet, Lord of the Rings style) and one of our characters is the Balrog. I have particle illusion 3 and adobe premiere, what is the best way to make it look like our guy is on fire? I have some experience in video editing, mostly with adobe premiere.
    Thanks

    Kevin

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bracknell, Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcaverly View Post
    Hello,
    I am interested in this very thing. I am making a class movie (Hamlet, Lord of the Rings style) and one of our characters is the Balrog. I have particle illusion 3 and adobe premiere, what is the best way to make it look like our guy is on fire? I have some experience in video editing, mostly with adobe premiere.
    Thanks

    Kevin
    1 Export your footage from Premiere Pro to a format supported by PI3.
    2 Open PI3 and import your footage as the background.
    3 Choose your favourite fire area emmitter from the extensive libraries around and maybe modify it to be how you want it.
    4 Add area emitter to your footage - possibly many times in small chunks.
    5 Keyframe size and position of your emitter(s) as your clip runs
    6 Sit back and watch

    You can have PI3 do the compositing but if you have access to AE then that would be better.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    You can have PI3 do the compositing but if you have access to AE then that would be better.

    I have access to AE, but I am not familiar with it, so how do i do this compositing?

    Kevin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. After effects
    By kenstow in forum Adobe Premiere, Premiere Elements, and After Effects
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 04:53 PM
  2. After Effects Help?
    By Kyle Forrester in forum Adobe Premiere, Premiere Elements, and After Effects
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2006, 02:19 AM
  3. How do u create letters on fire in after effects 6.5 pro
    By peace1 in forum Adobe Premiere, Premiere Elements, and After Effects
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2005, 03:58 PM
  4. After Effects For Everyone
    By StevenBogda in forum Digital Director Video Contest 04
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 10:18 PM
  5. HELP WITH EFFECTS
    By SeaCat in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-2004, 07:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •