Thread: exporting HD

Default exporting HD

i use premiere pro 2 and have edited some HDV footage from my Sony Z1 camera, i edited it in the preset HDV pal 25frame setting. it is about 5 minutes long.

how do i go about exporting it from premiere pro so i can write it onto a data dvd?

there is no mpeg option in the export menu? and .avi seems to make it SD quality. any advice?

cheers,

tom

Quote Originally Posted by tomdeane View Post
    i use premiere pro 2 and have edited some HDV footage from my Sony Z1 camera, i edited it in the preset HDV pal 25frame setting. it is about 5 minutes long.

how do i go about exporting it from premiere pro so i can write it onto a data dvd?

there is no mpeg option in the export menu? and .avi seems to make it SD quality. any advice?

cheers,

tom
    Data DVD? IS that what you mean? Or are your intending to play the video in a DVD player - in mhich case you will need to author a Video DVD.

Anyway, to export MPEG2 files from Ppro....

You're right there is no blatant 'Exprot -> As MPEG2' option. What you need is the 'Adobe Media Encoder'. Once in that you can especify what format you want, WMV, Mpeg2 etc etc. Choose a suitable preset and press the proverbial 'go' button. Easy. It just might take a while depending on what options you choose though.