Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mic

Default Mic

Hi,

I wanted a mic to plug into my camcorder but it has no mic plug. Canon MV830i. So I was wondering what I can use as an allternative maybe some little gadject is out there that will I dunno ... record the sound? I don't wan't the clip on tie mics as my "actors" will be doing alot of running and i'm guessing you will keep hearing crackling as they run so i'm thinking of a big furry wind mic , I don't know if that will be any good. What can anyone suggest? Thanks

It appears from the feature lists that the MV 830i has only the mic that's mounted on the camera body; no mic or line inputs. That makes it strictly a consumer camcorder. You've got to buy a "prosumer" model to be able to do what you want. You want a camera that has an eighth inch mini jack for a mic or XLR adapter.
    Last edited by voiceknight; 01-07-2007 at 11:15 PM.

I was looking around the net and I read something about recording it on a digital voice recorder then putting the mp3 over the voice. How about that?

Blog Entries

Yes - there are many very cool sound recorders you could use, but it is a lot of hassle and more expense, ultimately for complex productions a seperate sound person / recorder is seen as the best way but it is a lot of extra fuss and too much hassle in many recording situations - maybe you would be better advised to get a camcorder with a mic in instead ?

Blog Entries

Just checked, the camera does appear to have an audio / video input - if it can record audio from those inputs and video from the camera it may be possible to use a mic preamp, but that isnt a cheap option...

Something like this might work 'if' you can use those line ins with the camera video seperate, there may be menu option to allow this,

http://www.beachtek.com/dxafx.html

Blog Entries

Another thought, if those line ins can be used to record sound with video - some powered mics have near line level outputs - I have a rode video mic that can drive line ins.

Well, this is my first camera I wasn't to sure about camering so I didn't know really what I was getting my next one will deffently have mic. Doesn't look like I can get a mic less than 50 does it? So i'm doomed I'll have to put up with bad quality inbuilt mic sound.

Something like this

http://www.dvuser.co.uk/images/img/...e-boom/pole.jpg

so u can put it over the person or underneath where ever you put a boom mic. I think running undeneath talking walking over ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCase View Post
    Something like this

http://www.dvuser.co.uk/images/img/...e-boom/pole.jpg

so u can put it over the person or underneath where ever you put a boom mic. I think running undeneath talking walking over ?
    Looks expensive. You can build your own boom pole cheap you know. http://www.alandmills.co.uk/Boom/SoundMan.htm

the recorder I'm carrying in the picture is a Marantz PMD-660 http://www.transom.org/tools/recordi...03.pmd660.html) which is great. Not cheap though. you would be much better gettiugna camera with a seperate mic socket and or one of those beachtek thingys. I've got one for my FX1 and it is great with my Sennheiser ME66/K6

Great. Thanks for that link. I keep getting told that get a camera with a mic but

I don't plan to get another camera yet.

That's why i'm looking for an allternative because I have no mic socket, I'm sure there is another way, possibly more expensive but I don't think I can put up with the bad quality of the camera mics any more neither does my friends camera ( we are using two) i'm not too bothered about getting a mic on his I don't think we are even going to use that one but it will be "backup" and maybe about 1 or 2 scenes used, but I have to say I rate the in built mic about 7.5/10 it is pretty impressive.

So more to point I need a microphone (boom) for my camcorder wich is the Canon MV 830i. But it has no mic socket in it and I don't plan to by another camcorder yet either. I'm sure there is a way I have now got the poll sorted (thank you) so I have 50 to spend on a mic and headphones, any more suggestions. I'm getting somewhere, atleast I got the poll.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast