Thread: unknown error on encore dvd 1.5

Default unknown error on encore dvd 1.5

I go to create a dvd folder or disc, and halfway through analyzing, it comes up with the message 'unknown error'... It also occurs when i try to preview my project... does anyone actually know what this might be?

Quote Originally Posted by konera View Post
    I go to create a dvd folder or disc, and halfway through analyzing, it comes up with the message 'unknown error'... It also occurs when i try to preview my project... does anyone actually know what this might be?
    OK let's try and get rid of some obvious things first.

What are the details of your project? Number of menus? Type of video asset used? Did you import AVI files or M2V and WAV files? Do you have loads of disk space left (how much?) and is it well defragged? Are you using a network drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    OK let's try and get rid of some obvious things first.

What are the details of your project? Number of menus? Type of video asset used? Did you import AVI files or M2V and WAV files? Do you have loads of disk space left (how much?) and is it well defragged? Are you using a network drive?
    hmm... 1 menu, dvd mpegs and m2v, bout 80gigs, i am forced to defrag it at the moment, and there is only one user for my computer...
    also i have bout 9 timelines bout 20 mins each

when i did them same files as seperate projects, with one timline each, it worked fine...
    dunno what else

Quote Originally Posted by konera View Post
    hmm... 1 menu, dvd mpegs and m2v, bout 80gigs, i am forced to defrag it at the moment, and there is only one user for my computer...
    also i have bout 9 timelines bout 20 mins each

when i did them same files as seperate projects, with one timline each, it worked fine...
    dunno what else

I would have though 80Gb is plenty. It's not much to have free on your video drive though generally. See how you go after a good defrag.

After that then try building up the project bit by bit anbd seeing how you go. It may be a bit of trial and error here. Try 9 timelines of the same clip. If it works then replace one of them with it's own clip. When it goes wrong you have identified the 'bad' clip. Once you know which one it is then you cna then see if it plays in media player to check if it;s corrupted or not. Try rebuilding the clip etc etc.

It is quie a large project though. Does it fit on the proposed media you are planning?

it definatly fits, i went from 11 timlines to nine so it fits, also i choos to save the dvd files in a folder first on computer, then once im happy, id do it via nero or the same program...
    thanks anyway ill seee how this goes!

The trick with this is to start small and increase bit at a time and see where the error appears from. Likely as not one of the MPEG2's is corrupt or something. You just need to find out which one or what is causing the issue. Bit of trial and error as I said.