Thread: studio 9 - Loading MP3 Audio Failed

Default studio 9 - Loading MP3 Audio Failed

Getting this error Loading MP3 Audio Failed, when trying to add mp3 file.
    Have been able to add video tracks without any problems, and set up menus. Had previously used Studio 8 before and had no problems adding MP3 files.

Blog Entries

Until you find as solution, you could convert to WAV first using an external program

Default studio 9 "Loading MP3 Audio Failed"

have the same problem since i installed studio 9 dv.
    my pc is a 1.5 p4, 512 sd ram, nvidia riva graphics card, external USB soundblaster. initially there was a problem with jerkiness and slowness of the software, resolved with the patch to 9.0.8 (available off the pinnacle website). but now it refuses to load mp3's. have tried various mp3's with different bitrates and encoding. am absolutely ticked... forked out this much for something i cannot use. it came bundled. studio dv 9 with firewire card.
    i really hope somebody can help me in solving this. have already written in to pinnacle. waiting for a reply. apparently only a few users having this problem from the few only who complain about this glitch.
    looking forward to a solution.
    TQ,
    regards,
    asmd.

Default Re: studio 9 "Loading MP3 Audio Failed"

Quote Originally Posted by asmd
    have the same problem since i installed studio 9 dv.
    my pc is a 1.5 p4, 512 sd ram, nvidia riva graphics card, external USB soundblaster. initially there was a problem with jerkiness and slowness of the software, resolved with the patch to 9.0.8 (available off the pinnacle website). but now it refuses to load mp3's. have tried various mp3's with different bitrates and encoding. am absolutely ticked... forked out this much for something i cannot use. it came bundled. studio dv 9 with firewire card.
    i really hope somebody can help me in solving this. have already written in to pinnacle. waiting for a reply. apparently only a few users having this problem from the few only who complain about this glitch.
    looking forward to a solution.
    TQ,
    regards,
    asmd.
    I doubt only a few have had this problem...more likely they are so busy just trying to get the program to work that they haven't got that far.
    A quick resolve is to convert to wav. I put them all in one folder then pull them in through the sound effects "catalog" in studio. There is a little folder up in the top right hand corner, click on it, find the folder, and open it. The wav files will automatically load. Hope that makes sense.

hi.. the work around using wav works... using nero wav editor that comes bundled with nero burning rom. still dissapointed that i have to convert all the mp3's that i want to trial or use into wav first. damn irritating.... oh well, i hope pinnacle addresses this issue. unfortunately for me, almost all my audio is in mp3 format.
    thanks to all that have helped.
    regards,
    asmd.

i have problem with add music in studio 9, everytime write to me this error Loading MP3 Audio Failed, can i resolve this problem?

i have problem with add music in studio 9, everytime write to me this error Loading MP3 Audio Failed, can i resolve this problem?

Smile here is the Solution

Guys, I have been through this problem
    but luckily i've found the solutions somewhere...

This error occurs when the file l3codecx.ax typically located at C:\Windows\System32 is either missing or damaged.
    This file is the MPEG Layer-3 Audio Decoder.

To fix this error you will need to install a fresh copy of the file from your Windows installation disc.
    In this example the CD/DVD-ROM is assumed to be drive D.

First if l3codecx.ax exists, rename it to l3codecx.old. It should be found in C:\WINDOWS\system32.
    Next put your Windows XP installation disc in your drive and go to Start -> Run and fill in the following:

Expand D:\I386\L3CODECX.AX_ C:\Windows\System32\l3codecx.ax

Note: If your CD/DVD-Rom drive is not D, just substitute the drive letter that you are instead of D.

Hit Enter. Next, go to to Start -> Run and fill in the following:

regsvr32 C:\windows\system32\l3codecx.ax

Once it completes, restart your computer and try adding an MP3 to a Studio project again.

Hope it helps....byeeeeeeee