Thread: Compressing or otherwise shrinking movies made in Pro?

Default Compressing or otherwise shrinking movies made in Pro?

Hello!My companie's been using Premiere since, like, 5.5, but I've personally only just started, and I'm entirely self-taught, and I need to know how I can render movies that aren't so huge! I made a minute-and-a-half-long video today, and it's 300MB! I don't necessarily need too much detail, just if someone could point me in the basic direction of the Premiere menu or section that allows me to mess with compression and such? I can likely make my way from there... thanks so much in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by MadSammyboy View Post
    Hello!My companie's been using Premiere since, like, 5.5, but I've personally only just started, and I'm entirely self-taught, and I need to know how I can render movies that aren't so huge! I made a minute-and-a-half-long video today, and it's 300MB! I don't necessarily need too much detail, just if someone could point me in the basic direction of the Premiere menu or section that allows me to mess with compression and such? I can likely make my way from there... thanks so much in advance!
    v5.5 eh? That's before my own personal experience I'm afraid. But inletr versions I would find the Export -> Adobe media Encoder menu option and once in there select a format like WMV which compresses nicely for things like web access.

Sorry! Let me clarify - we're not STILL using 5.5, we're using Premiere Pro now. I assume compression processes have changed in the interim.... but, yes, I need too know how to make smaller videos in Premiere Pro... maybe compression is not the answer? Maybe I'm not setting the parameters up correctly when I actually go to render the movie?... 300MB is ridiculously huge for a minute and a half.... can anyone help me?

My friend, your advice worked! I found what I needed! Thanks so much. It helped out completely. You're the hero!

Quote Originally Posted by MadSammyboy View Post
    My friend, your advice worked! I found what I needed! Thanks so much. It helped out completely. You're the hero!
    Indeed I am a hero as I always knew! Only now it's official! All hail McGill!