Thread: Vegas burnt me out

Default Vegas burnt me out

Rendering is a bitch.. it took me 24hrs to render a movie I put together, but my problem is " I render the avi as Widescreen in Vegas (24hrs) no kidding.. and then I bring it to Sony Architect did the menu and Burn it again as a Widescreen".. the Problem like I said it came out really widescreen.... so my question is should I have render the avi as regular fullscreen??? PLEASE READ IT CEARFULLY because it took a long time to it and I really don't want to repeat the steps to get the answer... 24hrs.... Thanks

Blog Entries

I've read this post three times and I think I get what you say.....

My question is, do you have the project properties set at 16:9 as well as your rendering settings?. My guess is that is your problem.

Blog Entries

Remember you don't have to render the whole movie to test out settings. By just exporting a few seconds you can easily try things by trial and error, which is what you will unfortunately have to do in order to test the suggestions we make.

Blog Entries

Also you can preview stuff in dvd arch without burning - saves on those dam dvd-rs with mistakes that can multiply alarmingly otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Turn Media View Post
    I've read this post three times and I think I get what you say.....

My question is, do you have the project properties set at 16:9 as well as your rendering settings?. My guess is that is your problem.
    Thanks for all the response's... first I went back and check the project property... in there it says Pixel Aspect Ratio... the drop down box read 1.221 NTSC DV Widescreen... if I get you right, this is what you are reffering to?.... there are no options in there for widescreen or fullscreen.... the only thing I see is 1 more settings for 0.9091 NTSC DV which might be Fullscreen...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Also you can preview stuff in dvd arch without burning - saves on those dam dvd-rs with mistakes that can multiply alarmingly otherwise.
    Again Thanks for the response's... Unfortunately I do not see an export in Vegas even if I select just a portion... however though what I did is YES... I rerender it again 24hrs and change for a 1hr & 7 min video.... it just finish so when I test it in architect I will let you guy's know what I came up with....

to render a small section - select you in and out points on the time line ("i" & "o") then when you hit render make sure you have "render region only" selected.

I did a big project last year - a 2hr gig and a 1hr Documentary total render time took 72hours!!! - Rendering is a bitch but its a necessary evil!

OK, let's try it another way . . ..

This is what I do.

1 - Video in Canon's squished 16:9

2 - Set Vegas settings to PAL-Wide-screen 16:9

3 - Capture

4 - DO EDIT

5 - Render finished edit to AVI

6 - Render "5" to MPEG video only - THIS IS REAL TIME!!

7 - Render "5" to AC3 audio stream done.

8 - Bring both streams into DVDA

OK, that first "5" will take as much time as there ARE fxs and so on. What I do here is that AS I'm editing I set off Vegas to render parts that ARE, tricky.

What are you doing differently?

I did the same with a PAL widescreen project and export as DV AVI 16:9 - again no problems in DVD architect and on DVD playback