Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frameforge3d v2.5 now out!

Default Frameforge3d v2.5 now out!

Check out http://www.frameforge3d.com/

Version 2.5 (a free upgrade) of Frameforge3D is now out.

It's really a static stoyborarding tool but the latest update/patch allows you to generate 'tweens' and output the thing as a swf (I think. it might be mov) so I guess it's animatable. You won't easily get people walking properly but you can have them glide across the room like that lady who walks her dogs in Trumpton (or was it Chigley?). It's enough for planning camera angles and timing and stuff.

Blog Entries

Totally off topic old git waffle...

Ahh, Trumpton. there were several female hovercrafts, perhaps the most memorable was miss lovelace, the hat maker, with her three annoying dogs, Mitzy, Daphne and Lulu, see her right of pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Excellent stuff Mark! Not sure whether it makes you sad or cool knowing the dog's names though

And in this month's 'Digital Video' there's not only a demo copy of v2 of Frameforge 3D but an article showing what it can do and how to do it. Check it out at WHSmiths.

I would post some examples but all the examples I've got would be plot spoilers for McGill2 so... hard luck! But I'll see what individual shots I can dig out without giving too much away... if anyone is actually interested.

Iíd like to see examples of a simple storyboarding app.

Iíve often assembled my own scanned sketches as a starting layout, but itís a time-consuming way to work. Anything that speeds things up and can be animated sounds interesting.

I'll see if I can't come up with somet5hign reasonably generic to show what it can do.

Watch this space....

OK, just spent twenty minutes with this.

Here's McGill taking out some poor dude for tying up his shoe laces the wrong way.

The timing is not quite right and he does magically leave his sunglasses behind as he gets out the car - but you get the idea.

First the storyboards themselves....

http://www.alandmills.co.uk/intruder/shot_00001.html

and then I've 'tweened' things to animate it a bit.

http://www.alandmills.co.uk/intruder/view_intruder.htm

Enjoy.

Blog Entries

The face of a murderer. Those menacing eyes and faceless expression give it away
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Cold, ruthless and calculating.

And so is Alanís demo animation. Far better than motionless drawings for giving life to an idea, so thanks for that. Just a quick question, I take it you can choose viewing angle? Like low down looking up for dramatic effect Ė or how about an aerial overview?

I think I like Marc's version better though. Loads more fun and actually leads me to believe you can almost make a movie with the s/w now.

Tony, as for viewing angles etc. yeah, The camera is just another object you can add to the set. In fact you can have multiple. They are all invisible though so don;t show up in the storyboards.

There are a set of standard prime lenses available. Other than that the sky's thelimit. You can predefine lens ranges to match your camera, as I do. You can pan them, dolly them around and crane them up an ddown too. They can be zoomed and placed anywhere pointing in any dorection.

The one weak point (if you want to consider it so) in the s/w though is lighting. Because it's not a full ray-tracing app there is a limit to what you can do with lighting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast