Thread: Your PC, from anyones.

Blog Entries

Default Your PC, from anyones.

This is a free service that enables you to control your PC from any browser window - spooky.

It works perfectly with the only fly in the ointmant being the speed of connection. I couldnt get video to work so no editing away from home - shame - apat from that it rules.

https://secure.logmein.com/

cool, how secure is it though?
    ggmabaapbnebtrbatst

Quote Originally Posted by yeebsy View Post
    cool, how secure is it though?
    as its being offered free its probably not secure at all! There are various tools to do this already and if you set up your router and firewall you can do this through windows using "remote desktop connection" howevere dont expect to be able to edit remotely as we all know how intensive video can be on a system, add an internet connection through that and its hopeless!

Blog Entries

Yea, I am just lazy, couldnt work that remote windows gadget out. I tried to operate my editor remotely and it worked fine, except no preview, so it is no use for editing.

5. Default

i have been using logmein with no problems for about a year. it even works with my PDA phone! its a reet bit of kit!

yeah it cant refresh quick enough for editing but its very usefull for remote transfers and stuff.