Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony Vegas Rendering

Default Sony Vegas Rendering

I can't render to any format using Sony Vegas Movie Studio 6.0. This problem has only started since I have installed Norton Internet Security 2007, but still it does not render. Rendering has not been a problem until the installation of Norton. Please can you help?

Get rid of NORTON!

I have had "issues" with NIS. Try Zone Alarm Pro.

Can you get OFF the INTERNET; disable NiS and try rendering again? Up to you.

The received advice is that when rendering to pause antivirus scanners. I guess NIS is one too?

Why this should be the case, I don;t know. But IF you think about it, when rendering you are using an EXE file to grow a file. This maybe a similar effect of a virus. Dunno.

In any event, my NLE suite is NOT connected to the INTERNET and I disable scanning when rendering.

So, it may NOT be a fault of NiS, but rather a result of it doing its job, but in an over-zealous way!

Blog Entries

Hmm, dont know about specifics here, but norton is really annoying and it's persona invades your PC, one I couldnt even uninstall it ! Get rid of it.

I use the free zonealarm and the free avg and the free AVG with some free antispyware thing whose name escapes me and I am totally free of all annoying computer stuff. Oh, and none of it interferes with rendering.

I m sorry I wasn't a bit more helpful yesterday but I'm a recently cured Norton victim and the word causes shudders throughout my body. If you do decide to get rid of it. Its a bugger. As well as Removing it from all the usual places I had to do this........
    1. First thing to do is Back up the Registry. The presence of uninstalled security software in the Registry can conflict with newly installed security software and cause system freezes. So can folders of "uninstalled" programs for that matter.
    2. Go to Start, then click on "Run". Type in "regedit"
    3. Go to the top of the Regedit window. Click (+) next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Go down the thread until you see Software. Click on Software and scroll down the thread until you see Symantec. Right click on Symantec and choose "Delete".
    4. From there go down to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and repeat step 3. Restart your PC.
    5. Click (+) next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, now: Click (+) next to Software, Click (+) next to Microsoft, Click (+) next to Windows and Click (+) next to CurrentVersion.
    6. Select the Run folder. Right-click and delete each Symantec entry you see (if present). Restart your PC.

That should completely eradicate Norton Antivirus from your system!

I replaced it with Outpost Firewall, Antivir, Spyware Blaster, Spybot, Ad- Aware, most of which are free and I aint been penetrated since nor any rendering problems.

EXCELLENT! ! !

I tried to get rid of Norton, as I thought it was that but it wouldn't uninstall. When I tried to get rid of NIS it said block the auto-update, which I then did and tried to uninstall, but still it did not work. I also tried to System Restore to the point before I installed Norton, but that didn't work either. I tried rendering a smaller file, and that worked, but the bigger file still doesn't.

Before you do 1 to 6 as I listed above, make sure you do this.....
    1. Go to Start> Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
    2. Scroll down to your Norton program
    3. Click Change> Remove All.
    You will be asked to restart your PC. Do so.
    4. Now go to Start> My Computer> Program Files. Right click on each Symantec folder and select Delete.
    5. While you are in Program Files go to the Common Files folder at or near the top of the Program Files window. Delete every Symantec folder there. And, again, restart your PC.
    6. Go to Start> Search> All Files and Folders> More Advanced Options. Check each option except for "Case sensitive"
    Now type in 'Norton' and delete each Norton folder from the search results (Again, right click, choose "Delete"). One more time, restart your PC.
    7. Repeat step 5 except type 'Symantec' in the "Search" box.

......and you should be free to enjoy the rest of your life!...Hopefully b4 xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasarian View Post
    I m sorry I wasn't a bit more helpful yesterday but I'm a recently cured Norton victim and the word causes shudders throughout my body. If you do decide to get rid of it. Its a bugger. As well as Removing it from all the usual places I had to do this........
    1. First thing to do is Back up the Registry. The presence of uninstalled security software in the Registry can conflict with newly installed security software and cause system freezes. So can folders of "uninstalled" programs for that matter.
    2. Go to Start, then click on "Run". Type in "regedit"
    3. Go to the top of the Regedit window. Click (+) next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Go down the thread until you see Software. Click on Software and scroll down the thread until you see Symantec. Right click on Symantec and choose "Delete".
    4. From there go down to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and repeat step 3. Restart your PC.
    5. Click (+) next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, now: Click (+) next to Software, Click (+) next to Microsoft, Click (+) next to Windows and Click (+) next to CurrentVersion.
    6. Select the Run folder. Right-click and delete each Symantec entry you see (if present). Restart your PC.

That should completely eradicate Norton Antivirus from your system!

I replaced it with Outpost Firewall, Antivir, Spyware Blaster, Spybot, Ad- Aware, most of which are free and I aint been penetrated since nor any rendering problems.
    I'm very impress with your second answer... I was sitting here saying to myself what kind of answer is that " get rid or Norton " that's no solution but I'm glad you really game thru with the BEST PERFECT ANSWER.... way to go...

Freeze renders are quite common with Sony vegas.

But I have another tip for you, that actually worked for me.

An article I read about "Rendering Freezes" said that when you render a file it basically gives a workout to your hardware to take all the pictures and video files you have on the timeline and save them back into your hard drive which it's already getting a workout by the rendering proccess itself. That overwhelms your system and therefore freezes.

So.. an alternative is to select an outside source to save your rendered file, like a memory card or external hard drive, so when you are ready to render your next file.. select a place to save it in an outside sources.

hope this helps.. good luck

Danny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast