Thread: Encore Menu

1. Talking Encore Menu

Hi,

I have created a chapter menu which has 4 video buttons on the screen.
    When you press each one it will play that clip.

What I want to know is if in Encore when you press the button can you zoom into the smaller video button un til it fills the screen and continues playing the clip.

Or is this something I need to do in Premiere.

Hope I made myself understood.

Cheers

Frank
    Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might.

You will need to create a small .avi for this effect either using Premiere or After effects.
    If you are using Encore 1.5 then add the small .avi to a blank menu and Link the button's end action from the main menu to play this menu with the .avi and then link this menu's end action to play the appropriate timeline.
    If you are using Encore 2.0 then just set end actions for buttons and then use the Transistion function of Encore 2.0

Hope this helps

Yep, that's how you would have to do it in Encore. However it would not be seamless. you would have to create the animation as a seperate clip and so from a video button, the chances of the user pressing the button at the correct point so the clip plays seamlessly within the button from the point at which the button was pressed is about zero. That's if the button are animated. If they are just still sof your clip - as most are, then all can be made quite seamless.

I've noticed that in the latets version of these tools that Encore is more closely linked to AE than Premiere, even going so far as to have menu options for doing this type of integration between the two apps so you might want to think AE rather than Premiere for the better workflow. Either can do the job though.

4. Default

Hi Guys,

I do have Encore 2 and I found the transition tab under the button window.

However all it lets me do is to pick an avi that it will play, I cannot see how I can get it to zoom into it when the button is played.

I also have AE 6.5 but am yet to use it as I am trying to learn Premiere and Encore first.

I understand about creating an extra avi of the clip in premiere and then zooming into it there and connecting it to the button, playing the zooming clip and then at the end play my proper full size clip. Seems long winded.

Can you tell me how to do it in AE so maybe I can start using it then.

Does AE replace Premiere or compliment it??

cheers

Frank

Teaching AE is not something we can do in a single thread. The learning curve is quite literally months. I mentioned AE because I've noted that in Adobe Production Studio that Encore and AE are more closely linked (due to the menu options available) than Encore and Premiere are.

By far your best bet is to save your Encore menu as a layered Photoshop file (which is what it already is ) then import that as a sequence into a Premiere project. Bring in your orginal clip/image and animate/keyframe a zoom transition. Export that as an AVI and use that as your Encore transition.

There is not automation of such things that can be done in Encore. Every little bit of animation needs to be built beforehand. All Enciore is capable of doing is playing a pre defined clip between 'events'. It's up to you to build that clip. Needless to say, the real art is making it look like a seamless piece of animation.

6. Default

Thanks Alan.

The Premiere options seems the easiest and quickest.

cheers

Frank