Thread: sony trv22 problem

Default sony trv22 problem

battery is fine, tape is new but when i look throught the viewfinder or lcd i see only a very faint image, the view is almost black. i haven't touched the camera since our summer hols and it was fine then. any ideas or tips on what can do to try to get the view back?
    ta

Blog Entries

Sounds broken to me. Cant think of anything obvious.

Blog Entries

A couple of possibles.... vague chance really, not much more than that.

1. Try hooking it up to a TV and see if the image is the same.
    2. Check (and I don't know if your camera has this function) check to see if the exposure is at its lowest setting and open it up if it is.

Final question from me.... is the clock etc faint too? If it is, Marks assumption is probably correct.

Default Sony TRV22E Problem - sensor burned out ?

Quote Originally Posted by rvn10 View Post
    battery is fine, tape is new but when i look throught the viewfinder or lcd i see only a very faint image, the view is almost black. i haven't touched the camera since our summer hols and it was fine then. any ideas or tips on what can do to try to get the view back?
    ta
    I start quoting this message from another user posted a couple years back but unresolved, and I hope somebody around here still knows something about the good, old TRV22.

I am having the same issue that the guy above had. I picked up the camcorder which had not been used since about 2006, charged the battery as it was low and switched on. At the beginning the finder showed a totally dizzy grey image, then a completely back image. I can record, and this will record a black image. I can watch old tapes using VCR function no problem. The camcorder was still on 'infrared' as the last use was at night, but switching this on and off does not make a difference, and since the camera was off this shouldn't have caused any problem. It seems the optical sensor has 'burned' simply by sitting there. It also seems that the touchscreen has lost sensibility and is a bit 'slow', but it works ok. All the rest works fine. Has anybody a clue what this might be, or has anybody talked to Sony about this ? Any tipp would greatly help, thanks !

Default Problem solved :-)

5 minutes after posting this I solved my problem following another thread, which pointed to customer support sony. There I found a posting that some devices built between 2002 and 2004 can have this very problem because of a defect CCD-Sensor, and Sony offers a free repair. Kind like a recall action (although they could have done it more visible, or they could have written to me since I am registered !). I will send the camcorder tomorrow to the service center and this should hopefully fix it.