Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Velocity Envelope Missing!! Help!

Default Velocity Envelope Missing!! Help!

Currently unable to locate the Velocity Envelope.

I can right click in a track, find "Insert/Remove Envelope" and only see

-Composite Level
    -Fade to Color

Where is the velocity envelope? Am I doing something wrong?

Please let me know asap, this is driving me crazy!

I have Vegas 6.0b downloaded from sony.
    Last edited by klimax; 12-17-2006 at 10:33 AM.

You need to right click on the 'event'. or...Select the event and..Insert>Video Envelopes> Event Velocity. Also make sure...View>Video Envelopes>Event Velocity is checked.

Thanks but like I said, it does not "exist" anywhere in the view, drop down menu after selecting anything anywhere on the timeline with the rightclick.

Starting to think I have a bugged download...

Blog Entries

Paranoia stalks us like a hungry wolf as we stagger through the woods of life....

You are right clicking on the far left, on the track title bar - you need to right click on the actual video clip. That should fix it.

Yes paranoia does strike starving wolves as well as those w/ erroraneous programs. I appreciate the help, although I have Rclicked the clips, movies bits, pieces and my dropdown menu looks like so:

Open in Trimmer
    Select in Project Media List
    Edit Source Properties
    -----------------------------
    Media FX
    -----------------------------
    Video Event Pan/Crop
    Video Event FX...
    Red Eye Reduction
    ----------------------------
    Cut
    Copy
    Paste Event Attributes
    Delete
    ---------------------------
    Reverse
    Select Events to End
    Switches >
    Take >
    Group >
    Synchronize >
    Properties

If I Rclick on a blank area on the Timeline there IS an Insert/Remove Envelope choice that only includes:

-Composite Level
    -Fade to Color

At this point my only explaination is that my version of Vegas does not have Velocity Envelopes due to faulty download or developer error.

Suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Well, several things come to mind - least of which you can't apply a Velocity Envelope to a Track?

* And yes I see your MENU and the Insert/Remove Envelope should appear right after "Select Events to End" - and it don't!

* Why are you still on 6b? You do have 6d available to you? Up to you. Come to that, when WAS the last time you used 6b?

* I use Excalibur and within that is "Time Bandit" this allows for MULTIPLE Events velocity envelop-ing.

* As a work-around you COULD create a Nested Veg of the stuff you wanted VeloEnvel-ed and bring this back into a Parent veg AS a nested veg and THEN velocity envelope THAT nested veg?

But, firstly you NEED to get back the command. Either re-download - and that would be V6d now - OR try holding down CTRL+SHIFT when you firing up Vegas. This SHOULD reset ALL your settings to the factory default. You will loose any settings you had applied to your working platform, but at least you could rest the velocity Envelope option?

Hope this helps.

Blog Entries

Very strange, as you say may be a faulty d load, very odd.

Probably the best bet is to download the update (free) to 6.0d, I am pretty sure this will sort it.

http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/dow...p2.asp?DID=579

Try right clicking on a clip instead of dead space on the track - it will be there as a per clip item

Blog Entries

Yes, do that, secondly suggested by Irish, a buggered install would be really weird.

There doesn't seem to be a simple fix fellas, i played around with the thing and nearly went insane staying up all night looking for the velocity envelope.

I've right clicked on the media, the clips, the blank space, the task bars, the insert menu item... everything, and it just doesnt exist.

Lately I've been using the hold down CTRL way of speeding up/slowing down clips and it works somewhat.

But get this, I go to install the update (6.0b to 6.0d) and it asks for the registration code. Low and behold my given registration code is "invalid.. awesome.

note: and thanks Gracie for the suggestions, although the program reset proved lacking the velocity envelope once again.

Does anyone out there have/use 6.0b or 6.0d? I've seen several versions older, and perhaps a beta version of 7.0 out there, and let me know if everything's functional, namely the velocity envelope.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast