Thread: Analog video capture

Default Analog video capture

ok, to be honest, this is my first time connecting my camcorder to my computer. Ok the thing is i have an analog camcorder, and i read somewhere i need a USB input adapter. Does anywhere or what kind i can get this? and my price range is under $60(this is a school project and i dont want to spend a lot of money on this)

im using Adobe Premiere 6.5 if that helps

Thx in advance!
    Desktop : Adobe Premiere 6.5, Adobe After Effects 7.0, Adobe Photoshop CS

Laptop : Adobe Premiere 6.5, Adobe After Effects 6.0, Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0

ok i have another problem now, i got a USB video input adapter but it wont capture the video on the tape, it only captures what it is currently seeing, can anyone help please?
    Desktop : Adobe Premiere 6.5, Adobe After Effects 7.0, Adobe Photoshop CS

Laptop : Adobe Premiere 6.5, Adobe After Effects 6.0, Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0

What make of analogue camcorder do you have that has a USB port on it? Switch the camcorder into playback mode or VCR mode, I believe what you have is the camcorder is still in record mode and you are getting a 'live feed' through the lens, is this correct? In playback or VCR mode you can use the camcorder the same way as a VCR with play, stop, rewind, FF etc. And use the desktop PC to do your video capturing as most laptops aren't powerful enough to do it. Defragment the hard disk and turn off screensavers and disable anti virus software for the duration of the video capture, unless you are connected to the Internet permanently and it is unsafe for you to do so.