Thread: ADVC-110 - Horizontal dark lines on DV Capture

1. Lightbulb ADVC-110 - Horizontal dark lines on DV Capture

I wonder if this is because computers don't play interlaced video too well? However when I export this to the Canopus the horizontal lines aren't visible I can just compare quality which is a little lower then the original tape with the colors being a little less resoluted and everything appearing a little more blury not as sharp... I would say is a 75% compare exactness; this on the same TV. Both input and output use s-video. Back to my question... What can I do to view this video on the computer with the interlace gone? maybe re-capturing?... maybe deinterlace it? But would I still view the horizontal lines?

I used VLC player to change the reendering mode.
    ok here is the pictures:

1)Disable (normal playback)
    2)Blend deinterlace mode

3)Another one I like is Mean, it shows less interlace artifact then Blend during fast moves, but since I also see the artifacts during slow moves (even though is very little) I prefer Blend instead.
    By the way I couldn't take a pic of Mean... the picture appear very horizontal.

So is there a better way to play it back on my computer?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by peruano; 12-14-2006 at 10:07 PM.

From my experience, you have a decision to make. Do you want your movie to look good on TV or on a PC. Once editted, you need to know your delivery platform so you can export with the correct settings. Or maybe you just need to export twice.

My camera shoot interlaced video, which I edit and then when my project is 'complete' I then decide if it's goiing to be viewed on a PC or is it for DVD production and I then export accordingly. If it's for DVD then leave as is. If it's for a PC then de-interlace on export.

3. Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    From my experience, you have a decision to make. Do you want your movie to look good on TV or on a PC. Once editted, you need to know your delivery platform so you can export with the correct settings. Or maybe you just need to export twice.

My camera shoot interlaced video, which I edit and then when my project is 'complete' I then decide if it's goiing to be viewed on a PC or is it for DVD production and I then export accordingly. If it's for DVD then leave as is. If it's for a PC then de-interlace on export.
    I seem de-interlace on export somewhere, was it on tmpegec? I can't import the DV there. So how would you do it?

I use Adobe Premiere Pro and the export function has a de-interlace option.

5. Question

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    I use Adobe Premiere Pro and the export function has a de-interlace option.
    Will this convert my AVI into another AVI with a divx codec? will it just recompress the DV? Will it convert it to DVD format? What version of adobe premiere would you recommend me and what patches are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by peruano View Post
    Will this convert my AVI into another AVI with a divx codec? will it just recompress the DV? Will it convert it to DVD format? What version of adobe premiere would you recommend me and what patches are needed.

I've never encoded to DivX. I always master to DVD so tend to export as MPEG2. I would always recommend the latest version of Premiere. It's been out nearly a year and there are no patches available as yet. It will export to whatever codecs you have installed.