Thread: can anyone help?

Question can anyone help?

Hi, I have yet another problem... (remember im still new to some of this) ok so I've done a few wedding dvds now but im not happy with the quality of the finished product. I have been editing in premiere pro and exporting the finished film as an AVI then burining to dvd using Nero. The camera I am using to shoot gives excellent picture quality but it just seems to get lost once its been put onto dvd. I heard that exporting as an MPEG will not loose any picture quality when burned onto a dvd but I tried this and the sound and the video were in two seperate files, which confused me (or is this something everybody knows) also Nero would not support the files. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on which is the most effective way of buring a wedding video (quite a large file) to dvd and if you can recommend anything better than Nero which isn't too expensive (for PC)

Thankyou! any advice is much appreciated!

Bridget x

Quote Originally Posted by B View Post
    Hi, I have yet another problem... (remember im still new to some of this) ok so I've done a few wedding dvds now but im not happy with the quality of the finished product. I have been editing in premiere pro and exporting the finished film as an AVI then burining to dvd using Nero. The camera I am using to shoot gives excellent picture quality but it just seems to get lost once its been put onto dvd. I heard that exporting as an MPEG will not loose any picture quality when burned onto a dvd but I tried this and the sound and the video were in two seperate files, which confused me (or is this something everybody knows) also Nero would not support the files. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on which is the most effective way of buring a wedding video (quite a large file) to dvd and if you can recommend anything better than Nero which isn't too expensive (for PC)

Thankyou! any advice is much appreciated!

Bridget x
    Exporting as two seperate file is the way to go. Did you have M2V and WAV files? If so then this is a good thing. One is the video file and the other is the audio. What you seem to be missing is 'proper' DVD authoring s/w. The right s/w will very much be at home with these files and will enable you todesing and build DVD menus etc etc. There are plenty of packages around and some vendors offer tri-out copies. I suggest you pick a few of these up and try them out.

BTW, are you doing these wedding videos as a business or jusr for friends?

Thanks for that, I appreciate it, I will have a look at some of those. The weddings are a new business venture for me. Ive done a couple of corporate jobs then people started asking if I did weddings aswell so I thought I'd give it a try.

Thanks again

B x