Thread: new with this

Smile new with this

Hi,
    I would like to buy a sony camcorder with a built in HD. I would just like to know from you guys what i need to buy in order to have a good quality video on my computer.
    I have a USB. I read somewhere that USB gives bad quality. Should i buy a Firewire?
    Also, what editing softare do you recommend for someone who uses office 2000.
    Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by el_primo View Post
    Hi,
    I would like to buy a sony camcorder with a built in HD. I would just like to know from you guys what i need to buy in order to have a good quality video on my computer.
    I have a USB. I read somewhere that USB gives bad quality. Should i buy a Firewire?
    Also, what editing softare do you recommend for someone who uses office 2000.
    Thank you very much
    Not quite sure what you mean by "a built in HD". But asuming you simply mesan you want a high def camcorder then all you need to do is stick to the golden rule and you'll be ok. take the s/w that came with your camera anf throw it in the bin. If it came with a USB lead then throw that in th ebin too. Get the point? Never use USB for video transfer. This cannot be stressed highly enough. Always use firewire.

Office 2000 has nothing at all to do with video editing so your last question is meaningless. I can only offer my own recommendation of editing s/w. There are a number of option available and, in truth, I can't say whish is the best because I've only used one of them. I use Premiere Pro to edit high def. PPro v2 has native high def editing but you will need one hell of a PC to use it as I understand. I bought the Cineform Aspect HD plugin for my workflow and I'm very pleased with my choices.

3. Default

do you mean a HD quality camera or a camera that has a hard drive instead of tapes?