Thread: how do i do slowmotion?

Default how do i do slowmotion?

Hi all,

I just wanted to know how can one turn a video they have into slow-motion or extract all it's frames out? (that way i can see it in really really slow motion at my own pace)
    I just want to slow a video down so I can actually see a dancer's move in slow-mo so i can analyse and learn.
    Is there software that can do this for me? mind that I don't have ANY video-editing programs (like Adobe (i'm on win9). I am also not willing to pay for software or download something over 10-15 megs in size.
    Thanks & your help is appreciated,

I'm just wondering have you even tried slowing the video down with windows movie maker?
    We are ready to shock the world

dont have windows movie maker :S

Quote Originally Posted by rooky View Post
    Hi all,

I just wanted to know how can one turn a video they have into slow-motion or extract all it's frames out? (that way i can see it in really really slow motion at my own pace)
    I just want to slow a video down so I can actually see a dancer's move in slow-mo so i can analyse and learn.
    Is there software that can do this for me? mind that I don't have ANY video-editing programs (like Adobe (i'm on win9). I am also not willing to pay for software or download something over 10-15 megs in size.
    Thanks & your help is appreciated,
    Antiquated OS and Not willing to pay or even download will leave you seriously lacking in fullfilling this task methinks.

I've not even looked at trying this in the latest versions let alone Win 9x version but does media player have a frame advance function key?

yeh ... it's a win98... i'm not really driven to pay... but willing to download... (i'm on dial up.. so yeh... anything more than 20 megs is a pain, but i'm hopefully switching soon... so all the better)

i couldn't find the frame advance function key..... but by going to the inbuilt help in windows media player and searching with the keyword "frame" i found out that the player allows one to effect the speed of the video... unfortunately this is only supported on windows XP... :(

6. Default

i would say you are not really gunna find anything to do this on with out buying some software or downloading it.

okay nevermind about the download limit.. i'll just download any programs off a friend's comp. I just want to know is there any freeware video-editing programs that can do this?

thanks

8. Default

have a look at the free avid software. im sure that will be able to do it.

Smile

thanx for the tip and everyone who helped.

helow mr
    the closest way to yor needs is to downloand virtualdub spliter.
    u can go frame by frame and u can cut yor avi too.
    easy to work with.
    the hard way is to use premier . wrigt click on avi in timeline and u chsnge the duration.
    good luck