Thread: transfering stills and video

manchester, nh United States

Default transfering stills and video

Good evening all,

I have a sony cybershot digital camera using the "memory stick pro duo". On the sticks I have stills mixed in with random video clips from my last vacation. When i went to a camera shop to transpose onto a dvd there system froze and the kid said there was nothing he can do for movies.

I would like to make a collaboration of my stills and my video onto a single dvd from my 2 memory sticks, for myself and my friend who accompanied me. Is this possible? What do you reccomend for software? I will be attempting this on my new notebook. System configured as follows

core2 duo 2.0 ghz 667 fsb
    1 gb Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz
    256MB ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON® X1400 HyperMemory
    8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability

I would like to thank anyone who replies in advance for any advice they may give. I am fairly computer literate but have NEVER messed around with pics and video. If there is anything you need to know about camera or notebook to help me that i have not provided please post what you need to know or email me @

Bracknell, Berkshire, UK

You make it sound like this is a one-off situation for yourself. Assuming so then I would not recommend spending loads of $$££ on super high-grade s/w.

What I would do is look at the all-in-one packages from Adobe/Ulead/Pinnacle (I'm only personally familiar with Adobe) and then simply pull down a 30 day trial version and use that.

Assuming you have a card reader and can copy the files from mempory stick to your PC then somthign like Adobe Elements will allow you to make slideshows of the stils or even animate them and put music to them and combine them with your video clips. Once done build a DVD with menus and burn them straight from the app. I'm sure other packages do this also.

Even if it's nota one-off then look to the demo versioan available and make up your own mind what you like and/or dislike.

manchester, nh United States

yeah I only really plan on doing this for my vacation pics. I'm sure next year i will want to the same for my jamaica trip so it is sort of a "on of" situation.

I'm a bill collector not a video editor so its new to me. I appreciate your response and advice